Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking to change out the nasty yellow DRLs on my 2006 IS250, and I looked up what bulb it was, and I found out it was 9005. So I bought 9005 LED bulbs for it, but as I was installing it, I noticed that DRLs don't actually use the 9005 but it uses the smaller bulb. Anyone know how people has their 9005 as DRLs? Cause I've seen it done. Appreciate the info!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I changed my bulbs both the DRL and the city lights to LEDs and mine were the 9005's. not sure what were in yours but it may be that the previous owner, if it was a used car, may have put the wrong bulbs in there. I have a 2007 IS350 with the fact HIDs not sure if it helps but good luck. What bulbs were in your car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The high beam bulbs are 9005s, but the smaller bulb, i dunno what. :( its bolted onto the adapter of the headlights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
high beams = drl btw

keep in mind i upgraded the small bulb with leds and they only light up when i turn on my parking lights or headlights.

but if that is what you are looking for the bulb is called "T10"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok. that helps a lot. do you know if there's anyway to make the 9005 to light up instead of the small bulb?

·
Registered
382 Posts
hahahha.. this thread is hilarious...

ok.. here's the break down...

if you want to change ur DRL to LED... understand that your DRL IS your highbeam at half power. so the bulb you need to use is a 9005. IF you want your 9005 LED DRL to run at full power... you will need a module. V-LEDS 9005 PLUG N' PLAY DRL DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT MODULE

the little bulb in the upper corner is your city light... during the day when your lowbeams are off... youre DRL is on. at night when you turn on ur lowbeams.. the DRL turns off and the little city light turns on. your city light is a 194 wedge bulb.

hope that helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey one more thing, does the vled modulator put full power to the drl,...meaning it will run like a high beam? that would kind of defeat the purpose of the drl...

·
Registered
59 Posts
hahahha.. this thread is hilarious...

ok.. here's the break down...

if you want to change ur DRL to LED... understand that your DRL IS your highbeam at half power. so the bulb you need to use is a 9005. IF you want your 9005 LED DRL to run at full power... you will need a module. V-LEDS 9005 PLUG N' PLAY DRL DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT MODULE

the little bulb in the upper corner is your city light... during the day when your lowbeams are off... youre DRL is on. at night when you turn on ur lowbeams.. the DRL turns off and the little city light turns on. your city light is a 194 wedge bulb.

hope that helps...

194 or 168. i think both work for the parking lights

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need to resurrect this thread, and many like it....The link no longer works, so I'm guessing the module is not sold here any longer.

Can anyone tell me how I can get LEDs to work at half power for DRLs? I need an update and can't find anything

1 - 18 of 18 Posts