Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember reading a thread not too long ago about all the different ways to launch with an auto IS, did a search and couldnt find it. can anyone find it for me? if not, can some of you guys with autos share how you guys launch? i know about gate-shifting, power braking, and etc, but can you guys give some more details? thanks a lot.

· Registered
535 Posts
:crazy: that last post was the stupidest thing ive ever heard... well to tell you the truth you cant really launch on AUTO's like MANUALS do. I personally own a E-Shit myself and the best way to launch is to

1. Turn off traction control
2. Put it in M and shift all the way down to 2
3. Turn on ECT POWER
4. Hold on to your breaks real firm and put your other foot on the gas giving it up to 3000 RPM and...
5. GUN IT & OFF YOU GO =P :p

BEST WAY TO LAUNCH ON E-SHIT =)

· Registered
18,849 Posts
AlTezZa_TeK said:
:crazy: that last post was the stupidest thing ive ever heard... well to tell you the truth you cant really launch on AUTO's like MANUALS do. I personally own a E-sh*t myself and the best way to launch is to

3. Turn on ECT POWER
4. Hold on to your breaks real firm and put your other foot on the gas giving it up to 3000 RPM and...

BEST WAY TO LAUNCH ON E-sh*t =)
thats what i do racing on the track...works best for me, then e-shift at redline all the way down the track...never attempted gate shifting before....

· Registered
3,267 Posts
AlTezZa_TeK said:
:crazy: that last post was the stupidest thing ive ever heard... well to tell you the truth you cant really launch on AUTO's like MANUALS do. I personally own a E-sh*t myself and the best way to launch is to

3. Turn on ECT POWER

BEST WAY TO LAUNCH ON E-sh*t =)
Ignorance is bliss isn't it. Well the previous post is a possible method of launching the car. I do it when I feel like it and you do feel more power, although the shifting is much harder to pinpoint accurately. It's easy to bounce off the rev limiter while gate shifting.

-crontab -l

· Registered
348 Posts
Why would shifting manually (either gate or e-shift) be any faster than leaving the car in drive and letting the tranny do it's job?

I'm not challenging people saying that manual mode is wrong, I just wanna know why it would be faster.

Has anyone tested both methods by measuring quarter mile or 60ft times to know which is really faster?

I have more trust in precision timing equipment than the old butt-o-meter. What u feel and what is measured can sometimes be two different things.

· Registered
679 Posts
i'd say gas and go. for bracket racing, letting the tranny do it's job on an auto should garner more consistent results.
one of the best bracket racers i've seen was the 60yrs old lady in a 1998 Ford Windstar at Sears Point Raceway during Wed. Night Drags. :lol:

· Registered
831 Posts
rmmgs4 said:
Why would shifting manually (either gate or e-shift) be any faster than leaving the car in drive and letting the tranny do it's job?
it wouldn't be faster as long as your right foot is firmly planted on the accelerator. some people think e-shift is not an automatic. it's very sad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.