Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday I was sitting at a red light in my 99 camry v6 when a miata slammed into me at about 50 mph.. My camry is destroyed, and the only thing that I can think about every waking moment of the day is "When can I get my IS 300????" I test drove one the day after the accident, and I'm in love.. The only problem I'm having is with insurance. I'm 21, male, clean driving record, but I can't seem to get the rate to drop under $3600 a year.... Anybody know any insurance companies that like males under the age of 25? Or is there any way to drop the premium? My agent hasn't been very helpful, and the salesman just laughed.... HELP!!! I need this car!!!

·
11,061 Posts
Well, if you lived in Washington I'd say come over to my firm and we'd see what we could do. No insurance company is going to give a guy under the age of 25 much of a break. The risk is too high. You need to have an old-lady car, be married, have a clean record and have at least a 3.5 gpa grade average if you're in school.
On the other hand, ask your employer if he/she ever thought of offering group auto insurance as an employee-paid benefit. We offer that here. It does reduce costs. Check and see if it is sold in GA. You need 10 employees to get a group plan.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you try Geico? Or if you have a relative that was or is in the military to try USAA? For a guy your age, your only hope is probably to get on a policy with someone older (30 or more) and pay them the difference between their increase and what they were paying before. This could save you a lot of cash.

------------------

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well i have Farmers Insurance i am paying 850 a month for IS300 and 850 a month for my 00 honda accord for 6 months. My Honda is my Primary car. Geoico, Henry and Progressive said i will have to pay 1100-1500 for 6 months. My agent from farmers is great and by the way i am 23 with 2 year old licence, i moved to US 2 years ago, and a clean record.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you find a good deal let me know. Im 21 also, and I pay $4000 per year for my car. Im guessing the IS will have high rates soon, with all the younger drivers, and cases of vandalisms.

Justy
99 328i

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know why all of your insurance rates are so high...I am paying 150/month for my legend and it will only be 20-30 more for the IS. I'm only 21, and I have had about 5 tickets for speeding. Luckily I have gotten off easy here and none of the tickets have been reported to my insurance. Or at least the insurance company hasn't seen them. All of the cops were unmarked. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I pay $6900 a year for a '00 Honda Accord V6. I'm 21 w/4 MV points, and 11 insurance points. Yes, I know I'm getting screwed, but I live in NJ, and as far as I know I don't have much options.

If anyone knows how I can save money let me know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Man you guys are ALL hurting when it comes to insurance. I go with a company called Wawanesa Insurance company and I pay $975/year. I lease my car so I have to have comvete coverage, I am 28 with a spotless driving record. That $975 includes everything and $500 deductables. The only companyt that seemed to come close was 20th century. I used to have USAA buyt they are expensive.
Remember that 975 is a 12month premium. Not 6 months and the company is called Wawanesa. They are based in San Diego, California. They are really good with claims too from what I have heard. Good luck.

·
11,061 Posts
Try Nationwide. They do well for those with spotless records. I guess I'm lucky...(old lady rates)about $500 for six months.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i'm insured for the mercedes right now but i'm paying like 800 a year full coverage. 17 no incidents except for a parking ticket last year but no one cares about that so yeah....for the m3 my dad has the insurance for like 900 bucks a year, it's covered as a "pleasure car" i've heard taht lloyd's has good sports car coverage for insurance but what i'd do is probably just find somoene older and get insurance with them.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i'm insured for the mercedes right now but i'm paying like 800 a year full coverage. 17 no incidents except for a parking ticket last year but no one cares about that so yeah....for the m3 my dad has the insurance for like 900 bucks a year, it's covered as a "pleasure car" i've heard taht lloyd's has good sports car coverage for insurance but what i'd do is probably just find somoene older and get insurance with them.
Just a note, Parking tickets are Non-moving violation, and it will not affect your insurance premiums. Its only the Moving Violation that will.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am paying $2130 for one year from Geico. I have 1 point for the last 3 years and I've been driving for 9 years. I used to have farmer's they were $3200+ per year. BTW, from what I've heard is not really how old you are, it's depend on how long that you have your license, after 10 years you should have a big drop on the insurence.

------------------
Solar Yellow 2K1 IS300
BBS RK 18"
Tein HA

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
yup haha my parents never even knew about the ticket

Originally posted by saltedeggman:
Just a note, Parking tickets are Non-moving violation, and it will not affect your insurance premiums. Its only the Moving Violation that will.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow... you guys... those insurance rates are outrageous. I just called my agent yesterday. Right now, he holds my insurance policy for my apartment rental insurance and my '99 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab with Triton V8 engine... if I add an IS300 to the policy, it only goes up an extra $650/year. Right now I'm paying $1,094/year for my rental insurance and the truck. Add the IS300 to the mix, and I'll pay $1,650/year.

I'm 25. No accidents. No moving violations. I live in Minnesota.

Wellner Insurance Agency.

Scott.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The address that you have for your policy will really make a big diffrence. I live in San Francisco. Our gas cost atlease 20% more than any other city...($2.20/gal. for premium) I would assume our policy would be 20% or more than other cities....

------------------
Solar Yellow 2K1 IS300
BBS RK 18"
Tein HA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts