Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Im doing pretty much a full polk audio system in my car. Ive got an mm12 that is blown but I got reperations from ebay so thatll be a fixed soon. I just bought the momo c.300x2 and a c.400x4. The 300 bridged to one channel at 4 ohms puts out like 550watts which is enough ot adequetely handle the mm12. Ive also got a set of 6.5" momo components for the front and i think im going to keep the rears.

My problem is designing a custom box and layout for my sub and amps. I want to minimize the loss of trunk space and dont want to drastically change anything such as the spare and whatnot in the trunk. I want the sub pointing directly through the skipass mounted on fiberglass with a rear window showcasing the magnet of the sub. As far as I know...the mm12 must be at .88cubicft for optimal performance. Which makes for a pretty small box which is what Im aiming for. I have a mental picture of what I want as in the fiberglass form but i dont know how to get that image on paper. Im kind of looking for a volcano shape form. Say if you were looking at a volcano...the magnet and basket of the sub would be mounted onto p of the volcano aiming upwards. And if u looked inside of the voclcano would be curving down towards the cone. sorta like this )-(..where the dash is where the sub is mounted facing up. Sorry if this is hard ot understand and the example sounds like its coming from a 3 year old. but thats all i got.

does anyone do any digital designing or drawings who could help me create an image or give me some visual ideas of what it could/might look like.
My dad and I are doing the enclosure...but im having a hard time getting him to understand my idea for the fiberglass.

TIA

·
Registered
238 Posts
you can just have a plex glass window with an enclosure and have a mental amp rack floating over the whole thing on the top side of the trunk.. shouldn't be too hard, i dont know what you're going to do with the floor though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.