Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do y’all guys use to wash your cars and clean your interiors I need recommendations before I just waste money lol

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
585 Posts
I’m the worse. Car wash cleans it for me.

Reactions: CaptainYatori

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
585 Posts
not as bad as me. The rain cleans mine. lol

But for real I just use the cheap "Zipwax" or Turtlewax or something from Walmart, it's like a soap and wax in one and works nicely.
Lol yea I let that happen for my truck.

Reactions: CaptainYatori

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check out some chemical guy videos. Pick a soap. Clay bar if you’d like. Then seal it with turtle wax ceramic hybrid sealant. It’s a spray sealant that really is durable. Each coat gives it six months of protection. Forever if you have a garage. That stuff if pretty good. After that you can throw a wax on top to give an extra bit of shine. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash followed by Super resin Polish (rotated with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection). Stoner Trim shine for exterior trim and 303 Aerospace Protectant for interior (contains UV protectant). Meguiar's G7516 Endurance Tire Gel for tires.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Meguiar's G7516 Endurance Tire Gel for tires.
I'ma stop you right there chief, that shit blows in my experience. There is a chance I was using it wrong, but I followed the instructions pretty good. The problem with it is as you drive, the gel slings off and gets all over the side of the car. It lasts for about maybe 3 or so weeks before a solid bit of application is needed again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Agreed. DH_71631. I apply it with microfiber pad in the evening and let it set overnight (30 minutes minimum). If you apply and drive vehicle right away, centrifugal force will assist in it's removal from tire. Once applied and allowed to set, will last for some time. I sometimes follow with cloth to buff out as well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Agreed. DH_71631. I apply it with microfiber pad in the evening and let it set overnight (30 minutes minimum). If you apply and drive vehicle right away, centrifugal force will assist in it's removal from tire. Once applied and allowed to set, will last for some time. I sometimes follow with cloth to buff out as well.
A product I really like to use is Armor All Extreme Wheel and Tire Cleaner, it comes in an orange bottle and bubbles up on the tire sidewall and lifts the dirt up off the rubber. It's an absolute dream of a product that makes cleaning the tires easy.

While it does not provide the 'shiny' that some people like, it restores the black parts of the tire, and really goes a long way into making the car look clean. Not many people realize that the tire sidewalls can go bad really quickly

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
What are you trying to achieve? Just a basic wash? For car wash, I just use chemical guys honeydew snow foam, microfiber sponge, 2 bucket method with grit guards. I also use another bucket and sponge (that never touches my paint) for the wheels. I also pre-soak my car with car wash in a foam cannon (needs pressure washer). You can also use a foam gun with a standard garden hose.

I never use automatic car washes. I never let the dealership wash my car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A Meguiars cleaner will work and is very affordable. They also have a pretty good wax but if you want to step it up you could try a ceramic wax/coating. I’m tempted in trying the ceramic coating by armor shield.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts