Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered some OEM headlights with angel eyes pre-installed and i was wondering what you guys think the best way to wire them would be. And another thing...since the DRL are disabled with just a simple plug would be the possible to just wire them to that so they turn on when the car is on? or will turning on the high beams ruin the rings? I want them to turn on with the car i don't want to use a switch to turn them on.

I would also like to know.....

How do you have yours wired? Pics will help too...Thanks!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I crudely drew this on paint to help out another person a while back. Here is essentially What AAC tells you to do. (The turned on when the car was on, and only turned off when the light switch was on off).

Where it says LED bulb, just pretend that's the halo's inverter box, its the exact same setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I crudely drew this on paint to help out another person a while back. Here is essentially What AAC tells you to do. (The turned on when the car was on, and only turned off when the light switch was on off).

Where it says LED bulb, just pretend that's the halo's inverter box, its the exact same setup.
I was able to wire them according to the drawing but they do not turn on with the ignition...i have to turn on the parking lights to tun them on...is there a way i can have then turn on with the ignition and keep my headlight switch on "Auto" ?

Pictures of the completed install...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I didn't ask for your opinion I'm asking for a little help I don't need your bullshit. If you can't help don't post!

Ooooooo!

That (Insert cool expletive here) just told you!

lolz :lol:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
are those headlights still with the chrome housings? i dont get why people keep it chrome while getting halos it throws all the lights everywhere. But good job i wouldn't trust myself on installing them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are those headlights still with the chrome housings? i dont get why people keep it chrome while getting halos it throws all the lights everywhere. But good job i wouldn't trust myself on installing them.
yeah the housing is still chrome. but it doesn't bother me. to each his own...maybe i'll paint it in the future. but it'll be ok for now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
try looking up the wiring diagrams and splice it into a light you want it to follow, or maybe a wire with constant power, if you want it on all the time? I'm guessing here, since that's what you would do for installing blinkers on side mirrors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.