Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting new rims for my wife's '03 GGP sedan. I figured she'll never log onto this site so it's safe to ask here :shush:

The style she likes is BMW's M3 rims. The closest style I could find to match was MSR 122's; she's said "they're OK" in the past, but they're discontinued now.

The next one she pointed out was this one (snapped a cell pic). Anyone recognize it? I thought the Core Racing Drift was close in style (although seven and not eight split spokes), but the +40 offset I thought might be pushing it for a 17x7.5 wheel with a L-tuned spring drop, based on others' posts here.

Any other suggestions? I'm trying to make this a surprise gift, so I can't just start showing her dozens of rims online. She wants to stick to 17's.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
^^^^i really like those R1 wheels above. and they are prob pretty affordable! that would be a great color on a ggp too! GL

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Good lookin wheels! Get her 18's though, what's the point of getting aftermarket wheels if you aren't going to go bigger?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good lookin wheels! Get her 18's though, what's the point of getting aftermarket wheels if you aren't going to go bigger?
I agree. But it's her car. It's a ride quality versus looks thing. She knows what a 40-series tire feels like in my RX8, and she wants to stick with the brand new T1R's that we got her in the summer (would be a waste of money to get rid of them). So 17's for now it is.

I saw the R1's before, they're close. She's picky :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Motegi US7, 18x7.5 in hyper black

Sorry to resurrect my old thread. I thought I'd share the rims my wife ended up choosing last winter, out of a literally thirty pages of rims. Without looking at brand or price, she picked these out:

It has a nice finish, with a different colour depending on the light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts