Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who knows how much is to repair the front windshield that has a tiny crack from a rock at 101??

what can i do in the bayarea to get that resolved?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
any competent windshield replacement place should be able to repair it, if it is smaller than a quarter, but call them first. usually it will cost less than $50.00, atleast it does out hear in the east coast. your insurance company should also cover it, with no bull****, but that depends on the company, either way, check both options.

Originally posted by El Chino:
who knows how much is to repair the front windshield that has a tiny crack from a rock at 101??

what can i do in the bayarea to get that resolved?

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
WITH A REPAIR IT IS A CHANCE, I KNOW SOMEONE THAT OWNS A TINT SHOP AND HE 9 out of 10 times sends repairs away and tells them when the fill in the glass messes up the rest of the window come on back and i will replace that. 50% come back

·
Registered
241 Posts
FYI, In California if you have comprehensive coverage, your insurance co. will pay for the small crack or chip at no charge to you!(repair only, not replacement). You do not pay the deductible, your ins will cover all costs involved, usually at a predetermined rate(not exceeding $60). Call your ins. company and they can refer you to a local auto glass shop which they are contracted with...you will need to provide proof of ins. thats all! Hope this info helps...

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need a phone number to call them up!
HELP! it's a little crack smaller than a penny

Originally posted by is300soon:
WITH A REPAIR IT IS A CHANCE, I KNOW SOMEONE THAT OWNS A TINT SHOP AND HE 9 out of 10 times sends repairs away and tells them when the fill in the glass messes up the rest of the window come on back and i will replace that. 50% come back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
delta
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing