Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can connect the remote on wire for my amp so that the amp turns off when I turn the radio off?

I've been searching around in this forum and many other forums for months, but I can't find a solution.

Currently, I'm using a switch to turn my amp on/off but it's very annoying to hear that loud surge whenever I forget to turn it off b4 turning the key to on position.

I've tried to use the gray wire behind the HU but that wire is just an ignition wire. As for the stock amp...it's almost impossible to get it out (if anyone knows an easy way to get this out please post the instructions).

I have an amp with built-in Speaker Level Inputs and I really don't want to use an external one that have the remote on built-in since it won't turn on until you turn up the volume.

Sorry for the long post but I really need your help

Thanks

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
The cigarette lighter is a great source. Try that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TeCKis300 said:
The cigarette lighter is a great source. Try that.
I already tried that and all the 12+ wires next to the fuse box. :(

The only place I haven't test it out yet is at the stock amp, but I can't get that damn thing out. All the wires connected to the amp are facing in the opposite direction soo I can't reach in and pull it out either :x

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you take the glove box out you can get another hand in there to wiggle the stock amp connector loose. The harness is rather long and you can pull it out the bottom once it's disconnected from the amp. I tried connecting a wire to the remote wire that the factory service manual stated..but it only put out 5V, so obviously it didn't work. I am kinda guessing here but I think the factory amp is turned on via signal sensing input,.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MoBoost said:
If you take the glove box out you can get another hand in there to wiggle the stock amp connector loose. The harness is rather long and you can pull it out the bottom once it's disconnected from the amp. I tried connecting a wire to the remote wire that the factory service manual stated..but it only put out 5V, so obviously it didn't work. I am kinda guessing here but I think the factory amp is turned on via signal sensing input,.
I tried that but can't reach in and pull the wire out cuz there is only an inch of space between the amp and other stuff :(
Anyone know a way to get the amp out? Someone must know....so please reply!

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Or, like it says in the FAQ get a LLC with a remote lead built in, or if you already have an LLC without one, do what I did. Get a LVT as well, and hook it up to a 12v power lead, and one of the + speaker leads on the rear deck. It will switch on the lead as soon as it detects a signal on the speaker. They cost around $15 or so on www.sounddomain.com, but I picked up one cheaper at a local shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Chuck
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing