Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really appr. all the help i cant get. i realize this has probibly been posted a gazillion times but i need the info real quick-like...

-i dropped my IS with tanabe nf210's so 1.5 front 1.0 rear...

-im looking into getting sportmax 006's 18 7.5 front and 18 8.5 rear...

what kind of tire fittment should i go with..

im being pretty conservative cause its my dd.. thanks in advance for helpin a noob..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been searching for day for this info for these particular rims/ setup..
id really appr. some help..

·
Registered
209 Posts
What is the offsets on the rims? Because it's a sportmax, I'm guessing that you'll be going with a +35 front and rear? If so, I would go with a 215/40 front and 225/40 rear.

Some people put 225's on 7.5, but IMO thats too wide of a tire. But its really up to you. You shouldn't go bigger than a 225 in front though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn.. well..
looking for another mesh wheel set up then... any recommendations??
im driving a 03 black onyx sport design- turbo in the mail.. lowered 1.5 front 1.0 rear..
in search of a nice staggered setup -the rub...

·
Registered
209 Posts
The sportmax 006's aren't that bad. There was a picture of a candy red IS300 on here with those rims on. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
here I found it. But it doesn't show any far-away shots. Just up close, and one angel from the front.

But his size are bigger than yours. He is running 18x8.5 in front and 18x9.5 in the rear. THe rear fender is pulled and shaved.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
with 2k that should be enough to get some nice staggered wheels... remember you're gonna need to grip if you're going boost... what you can do is buy the wheels first then the tires so it doesn't hurt your pockets as much... FYI i would look for rear offsets of +50 to +55 ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts