Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for this first but dont know exactly what its called which makes it tough or if it even exists. But here it is, Im posting this to help my brother, He got a new set of rims and the guy lied about the offset so now they stick out of the wheel wells a little. Id say about half an inch or a hair less. So my question is..Is there a method proffesionals can do to shave them or something like that to make them tuck in better. And if so whats it called and what does it run? Thanks for any help, I'm embarresed to have him park next to me ( its not that bad but you get the point ;) ). Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
547 Posts
lextasy623 said:
I tried searching for this first but dont know exactly what its called which makes it tough or if it even exists. But here it is, Im posting this to help my brother, He got a new set of rims and the guy lied about the offset so now they stick out of the wheel wells a little. Id say about half an inch or a hair less. So my question is..Is there a method proffesionals can do to shave them or something like that to make them tuck in better. And if so whats it called and what does it run? Thanks for any help, I'm embarresed to have him park next to me ( its not that bad but you get the point ;) ). Thanks in advance guys.
Dude that seriously sucks. :(

sISp

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does, i mean its not my car so its not bad for me but sucks for him. I told him and warned him not to go and buy any set of rims just cause its the same bolt pattern but he is now the brightest sometimes when it comes to dicisions like this......So anyone know if this is possible??

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
depending on the thickness of the center, you can have a machine shop shave it.
But, I would rather sell the wheels, and get some else. less headache.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, hey krazy8, were you the one who outbid me on that msm ltuned rear lip o ebay ? :burningup just kidding if you did, enjoy buddy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Shaving is always an option, but if you shave too much, the hub of the wheel will become weakened. Also, if it is shaved too thin, the lugs may bottom out on the studs before the wheel is secured to the hub, and you would require longer or open top lugs.

You'll need to find a machine shop with a nice milling machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts