Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this mod over the weekend. When i am playing the iPod, I have to turn it up 3/4 the way up on the hu to hear it at a normal level. While its playing a static sounds is coming out of the speakers....when i turn it down it goes away. what can cause this? Would a bad ground cause something like this?

I have a 3 way switch hooked up

prong 1 >>>> pink wire from cig
prong 2 >>>> 13 on realy for power
14 on realy >>> prong 4 >>>> to ground

I also did the aux-out mod for amp/speaker and it works fine. I played a cd and it sounds good. Its just when i switch over to the iPod and level is off!

Help is appreciated....thanks to those who do!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has any ideas...im goin to change to a two prong swithc and see if that helps!

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Double check your wire for the static problem, as for the sound level, that is how it is for everybody. 75% on Ipod and crank up the HU knob.

It is not perfect, but it is better than blowing $1,000 on a new HU.

Although there are a couple new products out there for less than $200 I think that give an Aux In. I wonder what their sound level is like.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply and tutorial! I believe it is just a bad ground...i have 2 prong switch to replace the other one with 3 prongs.

hopefully that will solve the problem...as for the level i did not know that! Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: Squareback

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Belkin makes a little charging/line out adapter, that has a little amp in it to boost the signal. I think it works great, but many people feel it is a "dirty" amp and introduces noise. I can't tell and it is good enough for me, plus I needed a charger anyway. They are about $30, but I got mine on eBay for $15.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...i have one of those...it was works fine for what it does!

thanks for the +rep.....i get ya back when i get to the green.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts