Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know where turn signal relay(flasher) is located at?
I look under foot weld..seem to be hidden some where..I can hear
the sound...have no clue where the heck it is... or if it posible to
have access to it... I got 05 IS

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
The fuse panel is held to the body with brass 10mm screws
once you pull the panel out, you'll see the relay on the back. It's red if I remember.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know this is an old thread,but does anyone have the part number for this cause my turn signals are going crazy.When I go to put the left or right turn signal my emergency lights come on(I know crazy huh).A pic would be great also.Thanks

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300-T
412 Posts
Today I witnessed the beginning of my 2001 IS300 start flashing it's blinker lights after I shut off the car. At first it was just hesitating and a slight flash, but now a short time later it's full blown flashing as if I have the hazard lights on. The only thing that makes it stop flashing is to start the car, otherwise it would just sit there and flash until the battery dies. I pulled my negative battery terminal for the time being while I came in to research this issue online, but it appears to be a failed turn signal relay. I'll update this thread if that fixes the problem so that others can search for this in the future.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300-T
412 Posts
The interesting update is that now the car won't reproduce the same behavior after letting it sit with the negative battery terminal disconnected for a few days. I'm trying to get it to reproduce it now before replacing the actual relay, and will keep you all posted. It is raining currently too, so if it's really caused by a water leak I do hope to see that brought up soon too.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,162 Posts
The interesting update is that now the car won't reproduce the same behavior after letting it sit with the negative battery terminal disconnected for a few days. I'm trying to get it to reproduce it now before replacing the actual relay, and will keep you all posted. It is raining currently too, so if it's really caused by a water leak I do hope to see that brought up soon too.
I've had some issues with my turn signals , and every time, just pulling the fuse fixed it, and it worked normal again with the fuse put back in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.