Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in order to losse it
you need to lose it like normal bolt ? turn it to the right ?
i tried to turn it and it didnt come off
HELPPP asap
car not running
i cant go anywhere

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are you serious? Righty tighty lefty loosie! Turn it to the left, but you wont be able to do it with a regular socket and wrench. Just get an impact gun and shoot it out. It will save you a lot of time. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
put a pipe in the socket rench hold on tight while someone slightly cranks the car on (DON'T TURN THE CAR ON ALL THE WAY!!!)

·
Registered
109 Posts
get a chain wrench on the pulley with a cut belt, use a 1/2 wrench (i broke a craftsmen 3/8 tq wrench when i tried with mine) and get a 3-4ft breaker bar. IS300 Timing Belt look there
I found it was easiet to stand on the passenger side and have a knee on top of the tire and pull.
also the chain wrench (whatever its called) will rest on the alternator (or a/c) lower driver side of the motor) pull hard!

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i tried all the methods stated already and the only thing that worked for me is a technique they use up north. I heated the bolt with a torch.
Heat the crank bolt right in the middle and the heat transfers. Then expands thus loosening up then finish it with an imapct gun.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
JUST USE AN IMPACT!!! lol
Impact gun? on a pulley? NOOOOOOOOOOO just use a longer breaker bar if you need more torque, but not a impact gun. The vibrations from the gun can mess some things up. Follow torque specs when tightening it back up. Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
put a pipe in the socket rench hold on tight while someone slightly cranks the car on (DON'T TURN THE CAR ON ALL THE WAY!!!)
Yeah, my dads mechanic friend gave me this advice to do the timing belt. Put the other end of the breaker bar on the ground so it can't go anywhere. Then crank the car a little until it is loose. Be careful not to crank it too much!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts