Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a high offset(50+) 19x10. It currently rubs because of the 275s but it sits very flushed with the fender(dropped on stechs). What is the smallest tire i can fit on this beast of a wheel? 255/35? Im going to get the fenders rolled by the way.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Wow 19x10 that is pushing it even with a high offset. I imagine you don't really have a lip on the wheel. Anyways probably better to cut the fender than rolling it so the paint doesn't get weak and second I think 255 might be a little to thin. You could try to camber the rear by 1 degree and with the fender cut it just might work. Got a pic?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I have a high offset(50+) 19x10. It currently rubs because of the 275s but it sits very flushed with the fender(dropped on stechs). What is the smallest tire i can fit on this beast of a wheel? 255/35? Im going to get the fenders rolled by the way.
Why did you get this wheel?

·
Registered
68 Posts
i put some 245/35's on 18x10's once.

looks like this (rear tires):

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow 19x10 that is pushing it even with a high offset. I imagine you don't really have a lip on the wheel. Anyways probably better to cut the fender than rolling it so the paint doesn't get weak and second I think 255 might be a little to thin. You could try to camber the rear by 1 degree and with the fender cut it just might work. Got a pic?
Yeah the wheel doesnt have much of a lip. No pic just yet but i think im going with the 255s. As of fenders, you think i should get the fenders cut? More clearence rather than rolling them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why did you get this wheel?
Got them from a cousin for 400 for f19x8.5 and r19x10 which came off his gs430(he's getting 20s)...dirt cheap so i said why not :) Just need new rear tires and the fronts are new.

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
Roll the fenders, the if you need more clearance you can always pull them out further. I would not cut the fenders since that leaves a sharp edge that can actually cut the tire. I had 18x10 +47 with 285/35 DR's on my IS. You could also take the wheels and have a shop machine 5mm off the hub. Either way you are still gonna need to at least roll the fenders.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
There's two answers to this question.

My answer would be to rock the 275, roll, shave, and pull the fender.

Ill_roller's answer: Fawk the 275 and rock some 215 yo! Then it will definitely work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can run pretty much anything 225 or wider on a 10j. I'll be running 235/35's on my 19x10's.

But as you can tell that's not the cool thing to do here so if you run a stretched tire be prepared to catch some shit for it.

Unless you're running at least a 255 up front I say get a narrower tire to at least make the balance in grip front to rear reasonable. 235 front and 275 rear is worthless. Unless you like feeling like you're driving a civic. Understeer for days.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
You can run pretty much anything 225 or wider on a 10j. I'll be running 235/35's on my 19x10's.

But as you can tell that's not the cool thing to do here so if you run a stretched tire be prepared to catch some shit for it.

Unless you're running at least a 255 up front I say get a narrower tire to at least make the balance in grip front to rear reasonable. 235 front and 275 rear is worthless. Unless you like feeling like you're driving a civic. Understeer for days.
where do you live? I don't want to be on a road anywhere near a 235 on a 10" rim

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry dude, I've got a couple friends in WA that run setups like that so you're screwed. Move to Oklahoma. You should be fine there for a couple years.
Could the shrapnel from their tire explosion reach California?!

< Scared

I do not want to start this arguement again but I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has actually seen anything bad happen to a stretched tire?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts

< Scared

I do not want to start this arguement again but I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has actually seen anything bad happen to a stretched tire?
Aside from looking like a short bus reject and dropping $500 into every pothole on the road? Not sure

illroller is currently masturbating

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
I can't see the picture... No masturbating yet for me.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts

< Scared

I haven't seen anything personally but i believe a member mentioned that he has in another thread. I have seen good amount of air leaks and bead corrosion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts