Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i have 2002 IS300 with Kenwood DNX7100 System and all stock speaks, i want to add a subwoofer and an AMP, what is good??
do i need to replace my rear speakers for that changes?
I want slim enclosed subwoofer, KENWOOD KSC-SW10, is it good?? and what amplifier is good with that?
thx for all the helps.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We need more information...

What do you want from your sub...LOTS of bass, or just some nice clean bass to fill in the lows??

·
Registered
346 Posts
We need more information...

What do you want from your sub...LOTS of bass, or just some nice clean bass to fill in the lows??
Just like what he said. If you want SPL's, competetion grades, get some heavy duty Memphis Mojo's or JL Audio W7's....I am sure your car will be a club with those 13 or 15 inchers up in there. SPL amps such as the Memphis Mojo amp or MCD class amps. If you want clean/crisp bass, get the Alpine type R's. My best bet. Use to be a big subwoofer guy, grown out of it, too immature (in my opinion) but if you like the fell, go for it. I consider the stock Lexus premium sound good enough already, it hits pretty well. Enjoy.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
hello all, i have 2002 IS300 with Kenwood DNX7100 System and all stock speaks, i want to add a subwoofer and an AMP, what is good??
do i need to replace my rear speakers for that changes?
I want slim enclosed subwoofer, KENWOOD KSC-SW10, is it good?? and what amplifier is good with that?
thx for all the helps.
The KENWOOD KSC-SW10 is total trash...do not spend money on it!

If you want a setup that takes up minimal space and still hits hard it can be done, I promise you that:)

Answer these questions for me first...
1)Do you want really loud bass? (like rattles your car loud)
2)Do you want clean, clear bass? (hear things as they were meant to be heard)
3)Is trunk space an issue? (How much are you willing to give up)
4)How much do you have to spend on the whole sub, amp, and enclosure setup?

After you answer those questions we can make better suggestions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The KENWOOD KSC-SW10 is total trash...do not spend money on it!

If you want a setup that takes up minimal space and still hits hard it can be done, I promise you that:)

Answer these questions for me first...
1)Do you want really loud bass? (like rattles your car loud)
2)Do you want clean, clear bass? (hear things as they were meant to be heard)
3)Is trunk space an issue? (How much are you willing to give up)
4)How much do you have to spend on the whole sub, amp, and enclosure setup?

After you answer those questions we can make better suggestions.
thing is that i think my rear passenger side speaker does not work properly, i might have to change them as well, for subwoofer, i want clear bass, dont have to rattles,
i want some enclosed sub that i can install easily, as small as possible, money is not an issue for me, once i decide to buy/do something, ill get it.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
First thing that comes to mind when I think of a super clean sounding woofer that works in a small sealed enclosure is the SoundSplinter Rl-i. If you get the 10" version and run about 500watts RMS it would sound amazing! The 8" version will use a smaller box but the output will be a little less. The 10 needs about .65 cubic feet sealed and .5 for the 8" version. There are many other options but those were two that came to mind initially.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Image Dynamics ID or IDQ 10. Small sealed enclosure with a simple 350 to 500 watts and you will get bass that is clean, accurate, and smooth with a very small enclosure. You CANNOT go wrong with Image subs.....

The new IDQ V3 has a removable motor assembly so you can paint the basket to match your car if you want. If you damage the sub, simply get a recone kit and swap it out and your back going.

Lisnup65

·
Registered
44 Posts
get a alpine type x w/ a p1000 amp..... or the alpine 1005 amp

Alpine X are great subs, but uses to much air space. As for the amps. I love my Alpine PDX Series amps. Small, Effiecient, Produces Low Heat.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Image Dynamics ID or IDQ 10. Small sealed enclosure with a simple 350 to 500 watts and you will get bass that is clean, accurate, and smooth with a very small enclosure. You CANNOT go wrong with Image subs.....

The new IDQ V3 has a removable motor assembly so you can paint the basket to match your car if you want. If you damage the sub, simply get a recone kit and swap it out and your back going.

Lisnup65
Yeah, I was looking at some of their space requirements today and I was quite surprised. They take very small enclosures. And for what it's worth, I've never heard a single bad thing about Image Dynamics subs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts