Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just waxed my car yesterday for the first time, then I took it to the mall. After I came back, I found that there are some scratches on my hood, (not deep scratches though)... So do u guys know any good product that can remove those scratches?
Thanks
(I won't go to that mall again for awhile)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Mark:
I just waxed my car yesterday for the first time, then I took it to the mall. After I came back, I found that there are some scratches on my hood, (not deep scratches though)... So do u guys know any good product that can remove those scratches?
Thanks
(I won't go to that mall again for awhile)
Geoff, Clam, Chromaplast are all gonna ring in w/ "Finish First" so I'll do that for them.
I would say Klasse; I've used that with success. And I know a lot of ppl would suggest Zaino as well.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
3m's scratch remover worked well for me
Crap, I thought you were gonna say Finish First, I guess I should edit my other post.
And for the record, your post wasn't there when I first replied.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
haha =) i like finish first but i'm not insane about it. it worked out great but i'm not as crazy about it as goeff =)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Sorry, I guess that would be the prep formula, which has the cleaner in the polish in a higher concentration.

"Finish Prep
Your vehicle is subjected to all types of airborne contaminants. If you are using an organic wax or drive or park your vehicle outside at least 30% of the time, the surface needs to be cleaned before applying wax or polish.

We recommend FINISH PREP PRECLEANER for this because it gently removes water spots, tar, bugs, old wax, scratches, swirls and even oxidation by synthetic emulsifiers that clean by dissolving instead of organic and harsh abrasives that could scratch your delicate paint coat or clear coat surface. It is impossible to create a durable deep gloss finish by applying wax or polish on top of contamination and oxidation."

Klasse has, in my experience, taken out scratches. Not severe ones, just small ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts