Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and came up with other problems about vehicle locks being possesed and unlocking/locking on their own. My problem is different.

If I use the keyless, my driver's side front door won't work either way. All other doors will work if I actuate the lock manually, it's just the front driver lock. I can see the lock trying to work, i.e. it jiggles or goes halfway. When I use the keyless, you can hear the locking sound, but not the beep, same with unlocking. You can also hear the doors attempting to perform the function twice. I have a dealer-installed Trilock security system and no other aftermarket electronics. The only other thing I can think of is that this all started about a week ago. At that time, the door would unlock fine but it wouldn't lock. Now it won't do either. Thanks for any ideas/help.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
It could be on valet mode or it has something to do with the Trilock system. take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
the lock solenoid do fail from time to time, seen a few of them. they get to weak to operate the door lock. If this is the case, the solenoid is inside the door latch assmebly and must be purchased as a complete unit. (it is the entire latch part mounted on (inside) the door).

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kind of what I thought was happening because you can hear and see the lock trying to move. Well, I guess I'll be seeing the dealer soon. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts