Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention to all who got into a accident....i was driving home today, there was heavy traffic so i was stopped behind a porsche, all of the sudden heard a screech sound then whap!! the dude REAR ENDED MY BRAND NEW RIDE!!!!! asking u guys what i should do...i got his license plate numbers, name , and phone...i was pissed off so forgot about driver's license....but the guy said " do you want to go through insurance or you want to do something else to get it resolve" so then i said ill get estimates and give u a call on it...

Asking you guys for opinion please helpppp mmeeeeee....im thinking of a Cwest kit...? thx for the opinions....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I sure hope the guy is trustworthy. Next time, I would call the cops and get a police report. Also, you should have not only gotten his driver's license information, but also his insurance information. Another smart thing to carry in your car is a disposable camera with a flash. If you have a camera, you would have been able to take a photo of the accident in case the guy says he wasn't there. He could say that you backed up into him or that he wasn't even there when you got into an accident with someone else.

Like I said earlier, I hope the guy is trustworthy, and he didn't give you a fake name and/or phone number. :eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just called him...he is here to get training for the software stuff...he said he don't want to go through the insurance...he will send me money or cashier check just get him the estimate and he will find out if it is a real shop...im going to meet him up tomorrow to get more info...so i think he is trustworthy...and im hoping everything will be straight....

·
Registered
589 Posts
skygtr said:
i just called him...he is here to get training for the software stuff...he said he don't want to go through the insurance...he will send me money or cashier check just get him the estimate and he will find out if it is a real shop...im going to meet him up tomorrow to get more info...so i think he is trustworthy...and im hoping everything will be straight....
he doesn't want ot go through insurance?

Which probably means he's either under/not insured, a problem driver (going to be dropped if he has another claim), or in a rental that he may file a false claim on so it isn't his fault.

either way I'd get the quote from lexus (and let them know it is not insurance, so they don't under quote you nad come back for more $) and get the cashier's check ASAP.

good luck

d

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I hope it works out for you. In the future ALWAYS get a police report when it is someone elses fault.

This guy could tell his insurance company that he was stopped when you threw your car in reverse and hit him--and you can't prove he's lying without a police report.

Basically, you need to hope this guy is honest and does the right thing. Otherwise, your insurance is going to pay for it and you're responsible for the deductible.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Ask him for his insurance immediately. You dont just get a guys number and walk away. The WHOLE reason we have insurance is for liability. Its not his focking decision whether it goes through insurance or not. Jesus guys, you are way to trustworthy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he said it was his first accident so he don't want to report it through the insurance...i called him to ask him if he can meet me so i can get the rest of the info so he said to call him up the next day in the morning.....grrrr i hate this stupid shitz when i know i fucked up at some point....fuck i hope this works out too cause ill be screwed..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I understand where you're coming from...you got a little excited about the idea that if he gives you cash then you can have a different body kit installed for free. It's a good idea and worked once for my friend but is very risky. The biggest problem with that is what if down the road you begin to suffer from lower back pains or something? There's nothing you're going to be able to do about that, no settlement from the other drivers insurance to help pay for doctor bills. Remeber some back pains to surface until down the road. I say depending on how hard he hit you I would do the best thing and report it for your safety. Good luck!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Get the insurance info from him even though you missed the police report. There are so many things that can happen that you never expect. As long as he admits it to the insurance company, they'll cover everything. You don't want to have problems later and have nothing to go back on.
This isn't a lesson you want to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i dun care about the body kit...just that i want my car fix...it wasn't bad if i have a camera with me i would post it...probably it felt hard cause i was a at dead stop so the dude just rammed me...im thinking around 5-10 around there if it is like 10-15 i think my bumper would have gotten mess up more and the trunk area etc..would have crush in a little bit...but i got the estimate and it is going to run around 1500...expensive cause of the paint joob...it is a 3 stage job cause of hte pearls...or metal flakes...but im hoping this would go through...and i dun feel any type of pain right now but if it were that hard of a hit i would have felt something by now...anyway thx guys...im praying cause he is not picking up my phone calls...im going to the police tomorrow if he doesn't call...

·
Registered
703 Posts
bah

Skygtr... Dont delay, go out, get an estimate today and call the guy/go to his house immediately and slap it in his face. He may seem nice but @ this time he could dissapear if he wants.

If you want to do it under the table, get the esimate done asap and slap it in his face.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
my ex started having problems with her shoulder 1 year after an accident. She never put the pieces together, but the first thing the doctor asked was if she had been in a wreck in the past year.

It sometimes takes a LONG time....

·
11,062 Posts
skygtr...I hate to rain on your parade, but if there is damage you MUST file an accident report with the state. You can get the form from the Washington State Patrol. You have 48 hours to do it...at least that was the law last time I looked.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the mother fucker didn't pick up his cell phone today...im going to call him one more time tonight...and give him until tomorrow in the afternoon...after if i still don't hear from him im filing it through the police...i got into the accident yesterday at 6 so i have until 6 tomorrow if someone just said that i only have 48 hours to file...i thought it would be 3 days....but yeah fuck this shitz im getting paranoid about the situation so im just going to chill for a bit and let see what he will do...either way i can file a hit and run and the cops will be after him..he still lives in the US so he won't be far...i hope it doesn't come down to that...thix shitz sucks ballz...

·
Registered
467 Posts
u cant be too nice when ur in an accident esp. when its not ur fault. u always get a police report and but more importantly the basic info such as drivers license number (name, address), license plate number and the insurance. forget tryin to make extra money do it right and get ur shiet fixed.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
the best way is to definitely get a police report and always go thru the insurance. just as long as you can find a good body shop, you can get you cwest... :wink:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
skygtr said:
well the mother f*cker didn't pick up his cell phone today...im going to call him one more time tonight...and give him until tomorrow in the afternoon...after if i still don't hear from him im filing it through the police...i got into the accident yesterday at 6 so i have until 6 tomorrow if someone just said that i only have 48 hours to file...i thought it would be 3 days....but yeah f*ck this shitz im getting paranoid about the situation so im just going to chill for a bit and let see what he will do...either way i can file a hit and run and the cops will be after him..he still lives in the US so he won't be far...i hope it doesn't come down to that...thix shitz sucks ballz...
relax, you're allright, bro.... He rear ended you, and you have his license plate number. A police report, although it'll make things easier, is not needed, it's clear who's fault it was. Yeah, it's a good idea to file a police report...

Because you have his license plate mubers, he can't run away from if he somhow decided to dissapear, you canstill file a report for hit and run, because you agreed to resolve the matter between you guys and he ran.

As for the insurance, it's ALWAYS better not to use your insurance companies if he's willing to pay for it. That way, neither of you get a point on your records, and neither insurance company knows about it. Chances are your good driver discount will be revoked, and your rates could possibly increase next time you renew, even though it wasn't your fault...

If he's being cool about it, and is willing to pay for it, take it... it shouldn't make a difference to you whether or not he pays or his insurance pays... just keep it simple, and your car will get fixed faster with few consequences for everybody.

I'm sure you're worried about him bailing out on you, but make sure that whatever you do, it's not a rash decision. Call him up, leave him a message. You can file a police report whenever you fell he is no longer cooperating, it doesn't have to be within 48 hours...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well today...went back into my trunk the trunk got pushed in and i can't get my trunk mat out...the gap that u can put ur hand under is not there anymore....so went back for the estimate..they said the worse case scenerio is 2200 worth of damaged...the thing is that i don't like my car to get fix because they can never fix it back to the original paint job..especially my car is white with 3 stage pearls...so the color will not match.....so i asked them if i can just get the body kit have them paint it, they fix the back frame for me etc...then just slap on the body kit...they agreed so things are going well for that part...but thx guys...ill be calling my insurance for a report but not a claim until monday...im going to give him the chance to fix his stupid mistakes....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
15 Participants
skygtr
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing