Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if im going in the right direction. I know alittle bit about cars but You Guys know alot more facts then me. I have a 97'max, and I wanna know if the IS is a step up, step down or a step over. Besides the name how does the IS compare to the 2000 Maxima? Right now I see the maxima as more room, more HP, better gas mileage... And Less options 6CD, e-shift and less money. Does anyone know about this comparison? Besides that the 2000 max is ugly, I know that already. Just the proformance facts and options.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Performance is very similar.
The IS300 will be more fun to drive.
The IS300 is rear-wheel-drive, whereas the Maxima is front wheel drive (which makes a difference to some of us).
The IS300 will feel more "refined" than the Maxima.
The Maxima engine is very nice, and the Maxima is a great deal (alot of car) for the price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not liking the maxima's new styling but if your lookin for info specs etc..
You should check outEdmunds.com
Check out town hall for reviews from people that actually own the car,problems,praise etc. It's a very informative web site on all cars, lots of posts to read. I know that at this point Maxima's are being sold under sticker,sales are sluggish and they're making room for 2001

·
Registered
59 Posts
something to think about. cost of the car over a few years.

actual cash value-97 maxima se 50k miles no picks(problems) or paintwork--10k

97 es 300 no picks or paintwork good service history--19k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts