Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an alpine IVA-W205 i used the metra harness and it seems like when i hook the HU red wire with the metra red wire then the yellow with the yellow it doesnt turn on but then when i hook them all together it turns on. so i thought it was fine, but then after i turn the car off and then back on the HU is reseted, plus i cant get no video picture but can hear my DVD's if anyone could help me please pm or reply. i thought they say the metra harness was a plug and play. i own a 2005 IS300

·
Registered
157 Posts
Make sure you are using the right battery wire & ignition wire on the metra compared to the new radio. Yellow from radio is usually battery, which is hot all the time to keep the memory of the radio. And the red wire from the radio is the ignition which turns it on when the key is on. For the video check your parking brake sensor wire.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
check for fuses. sounds like a blown fuse. the memory fuse, usually shares the same fuse as a clock or dome light in toyotas

and like mentioned about, check parking brake wire for video to actually show

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i dont have to route the red and yellow wires anywhere? just connect the metra wires to the HU wires that's it? right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem, I just installed my Alpine IVA-W505, didn't know about the Metra kit when intalling. The factory amp is still connected in the system but I bypassed it to allow for installing my new speakers. The HU starts just fine plays everything beautifully but when I shut the car off it blows the main fuse(10 amp) for the HU. I have checked all my wiring and everything is correct. Please help!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts