Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heloo everyone and first of all im sorry of there are other threads covering this already i did try and search around and did not get clear answers.

I am now a proud owner of an beautiful IS300 which i purchased with a blown head gasket knowing that i have to either, replace the head gasket on it, or my original plan is buy a different engine and work on it and drop it in. My plans are going to be going turbo.

I am a certified ASE tech with experience so i am inclined on doing the swap or repairs my self and at night time (little history for this topic) i work as part time in a strip club and one of the other bouncers is getting rid/ selling me his 1996 sc300 engine with 115k in it (mines with blown head gasket currently has over 160k ) and i was wondering can this be swapped to my is300, are the motor mounts different locations, is the harness going to have to be re wired? Different between vvt-i and none vvt-i ? do i need a stand alone, or something like emanage to make this run? HAS ANYONE had any experience with this swap? Can it be done? any help is highly appreciated!! i am getting a good deal for this sc300 engine..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts