Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased a kit from a member and either he did not send me all the parts or I misplaced a few. Bottom line, I am missing all the screws and jackets used to mount the blower on the bracket and the 2 bearings (and pulley?) that mount on the bracket as well.

If anyone knows where I can purchase these, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, it looks like i can't find the missing screws any more. I will go to home depot and get something that fits. Could someone tell me what size the spacers in the picture are?

Any substitutes for the tension bearings? I tried to google those up but nothing came up.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this is the list of missing parts
2 6203RZ Tension Bearing
7 BD-11 Spacer
7 3/8”-16 x 2” Allen Head Bolt
7 3/8” Flat Washer
1 Water Pump - Main Bracket Spacer ---- what is THIS?
1 M8-1.25 x 80mm Water Pump Bolt
1 5/16” Flat Washer
PACKAGE #4
1 M10-1.25 x 30mm Hex Head Bolt
3 1/4"-20 x 3/4” Allen Head Bolt
3 1/4” Flat Washer

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Wow, you need quite a bit. I had a bd11a and those parts were not common homedepot...at least they werent at mine. Theres a few guys on here still running the unit. I'll PM you names in hope they can take 10mins. to help you out.

ORRRR - Carl at 928 could probably tell you off the top of his head...might even send you what you need hella cheap:

Porsche 928 Auto Parts

Reactions: Brib3

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carl couldn't help out. Any company out there selling a kit similar to the one sold by prolexperformance? their website is down, so I guess they're out of business.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
They are indeed out of business. The best you can probably do is Ebay or get in touch with someone using those tension bearings as they can spec them out for you. Good luck!

On a side note- Carl/928 can build the piss out of that bd11a for you. I had bearings put in mine after learning what a POS the Koyos were. I have a lot of info. saved; drop me a line if you need any thing....I know how difficult it was to source accurate info.

Another edit - just found the Powerdyne install pdf. on a flash drive. PM me your email if you want it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mikkellucci, I do have the install instructions. Do you happen to have a S/C installed as well?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Thanks mikkellucci, I do have the install instructions. Do you happen to have a S/C installed as well?
I installed a bd11a for about a week on my IS...years ago. The most important thing I can tell you is you must use an oil catch can with this blower...it is dry and even tiny amounts of oil passing will over time cause the belt to slip!

I had the thing rebuilt with better bearings, kevlar belt, etc. before even thinking about using it. I learned a lot about it from superchargersonline as a lot of GM (or was it Ford) guys have/had BD blowers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone tell me the specs on the 7 spacers that go on the blower? And also the water pump spacer?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts