Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 17inch chrome stock Lexus rim.. I'am looking for a similar rim 18's chrome for the back.. I would like to go staggared. If anyone can help me i'll really appriciate it.. Thanks

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
you want different, bigger rims for your rear? Think about it a little more. There arent any stock-looking rims that are 18", especially not chrome. If you like staggered, more power to you, but at least buy 4 wheels, one type, but different sizes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.. THe thing was i just purchased the stock chrome about 5 months ago. I really dont want to spend more money a whole set of rims again.I've seen so many staggared IS 300 over here. I just cant get it out of my mind :p . I figured if i could get something similar to stock in 18's for the rear my problem would be solved.

The MODA R6 does not come in chrome right?. Thanks again

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
If you don't want to spend more money, I wouldn't go staggered. You'll have to spend more on tires because you can't rotate, and the fatter rear tire will usually be more expensive.

If you wanted, you could get a bigger tire for the rear, and spacers for the rear... and run those on your stock wheels.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mr who said:
If you don't want to spend more money, I wouldn't go staggered. You'll have to spend more on tires because you can't rotate, and the fatter rear tire will usually be more expensive.

If you wanted, you could get a bigger tire for the rear, and spacers for the rear... and run those on your stock wheels.
WHat i meant was i just bought these Lexus chromes 5 months and to spend anther 2 grand for rims is just :crazy:
THese cost me $1700

I dont mind spending up to $1000 for this setup

What are spacers? I thnk i have an idea but not sure

Thanks

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Spacers go betweehn the hub and wheel. They push the wheel out a few mm...

Why don't you sell the stock chromies and put that money towards a new set. btw, you paid $1700 for stock chrome wheels with tires? I hope thats Canadian money

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
lol dude...u see a lot of people with 17"s in the front and 18"s in the rear? :lol:

when people say "staggered" it usually means it's WIDER in the back than in the front, unless you're an NSX. Just swapping the two back 17"s for 18"s won't do shit for you except make you a slower.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahah :) thanx for the info.. I traded my old 17inch for $700 and payed $1000 difference for the new chrome.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lilaznboi said:
lol dude...u see a lot of people with 17"s in the front and 18"s in the rear? :lol:

when people say "staggered" it usually means it's WIDER in the back than in the front, unless you're an NSX. Just swapping the two back 17"s for 18"s won't do sh*t for you except make you a slower.
BTW thank U Jeffery i feel like a dumb ass now :lol:
Eh worth a shot.. Well guess i'll just have to invest in new rims yet again

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
hey easy on the guy dudes, no need to get him all down about a past purchase. Anyways, $1000 for factory chrome wheels does not sound way out of line, I mean look at how much the graphite finish cost ($460, delaer option) so it's only 5 bills and change over what is basically a paint job.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fsusucks said:
You paid $1000 for chrome upgrade :eek:

Sorry bro but in only cost $100 to chrome each wheel, looks like the dealer raped you for the other $600.
Hol up... First of all my old rims were over 2 and a half years old and scratched the hell up. They told me about dipping them in chrome but I opted for getting them brand new. Its all good :chill:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.