Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 2001 is300 with a w55 but recently my engine has been giving out on me so i figured id swap another ge into it. only issue im having is that im reading these forums and i cant find out if my harness from my 2001 would work with 2002-2005 2jz ge's. i was thinking about just buying a used ge and running my harness and ecu would that work?

·
4,892 Posts
All the engines are the same. The harness is the only difference. So as long as you use your 2001 harness and ECU. It will be fine. This has been asked tons of times. You should search and read a bit before asking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the engines are the same. The harness is the only difference. So as long as you use your 2001 harness and ECU. It will be fine. This has been asked tons of times. You should search and read a bit before asking.
Was told the JDM spec engine were a bit different from the usdm. Or could I just swap a JDM spec without any hassle. There’s not much on ge’s everyone goes for the 1jz or gte swap. Thanks for the response I really appreciate it

·
4,892 Posts
Was told the JDM spec engine were a bit different from the usdm. Or could I just swap a JDM spec without any hassle. There’s not much on ge’s everyone goes for the 1jz or gte swap. Thanks for the response I really appreciate it
Sensors are different sometimes. JDM does not get you anymore power. GE are just as strong as GTE. Just swap the rods and pistons. I would suggest you read more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sensors are different sometimes. JDM does not get you anymore power. GE are just as strong as GTE. Just swap the rods and pistons. I would suggest you read more.
Rods and pistons were definitely on the list to do for when I do boost the engine. I was referring to the JDM spec giving me any issues with my harness and ecu or would it just be plug and play

1 - 6 of 6 Posts