Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '01 with the 17" 5 spoke with dunlop9000's for summer tires and have sport edition fox 5 blizzak lm-22 for winter setup. OK, 1st season went fine no problems, but after driving through last winter season 3 of my witner rims got bent 2 are so bent, the 1's on the right side, they cant be used. I figured they were just cheap rims but, I put my summer rims on March 31'st and since then have bent 4 of them maybe 5 (have to check the left front). I have NEVER bent a rim in my life. Called Lexus they told me to screw myself, New York DOT said the same too... I was just gonna trade in my car for a silverado, but I luv my car.....changed my mind on signing day. THe dealer didnt do anything for me either. I think my next move is to go to the dealer with all the bent rims and throw a fit. WHY is this happening to me, is there a problem with the car?????
Am looking for rims that I can buy that have road hazard not tires with road hazard. ALL coments are greatly appreciated
Tony

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
tvasilo1 said:
I have a '01 with the 17" 5 spoke with dunlop9000's for summer tires and have sport edition fox 5 blizzak lm-22 for winter setup. OK, 1st season went fine no problems, but after driving through last winter season 3 of my witner rims got bent 2 are so bent, the 1's on the right side, they cant be used. I figured they were just cheap rims but, I put my summer rims on March 31'st and since then have bent 4 of them maybe 5 (have to check the left front). I have NEVER bent a rim in my life. Called Lexus they told me to screw myself, New York DOT said the same too... I was just gonna trade in my car for a silverado, but I luv my car.....changed my mind on signing day. THe dealer didnt do anything for me either. I think my next move is to go to the dealer with all the bent rims and throw a fit. WHY is this happening to me, is there a problem with the car?????
Am looking for rims that I can buy that have road hazard not tires with road hazard. ALL coments are greatly appreciated
Tony
The stock tire size is 215/45, when you do the math there isn't a lot of rubber between the road and rim. If you hit a pot hole hard enough they'll bend. Did you hit any big pot holes or metal construction plates? I've bent 4 of my forged rims on a metal construction plate. You should also check your tire pressure weekly. Low tire pressue + pot hole = :(

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
No problem with your car. It's the roads and it's the issue of having a high performance, low profile tire.

You gotta sacrifice something to get performance. You can probably stick on some 16's with a thicker tire and you'll be less prone to bending.

OR, shell out some big money and get some forged rims. They'll be less likely to bend. (But you'll be more pissed off if they do)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.