Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 IS350

My IS has had the dreaded loud and consistent squeek everytime I brake. The service mgr at my dealership has view my brakes a couple of times and said that my pads and rotors are still very good and doesn't require any replacement. He says that the cause is because the rotors are smooth and "glossed" from use and the combination of dust/rust/etc is creating the noise. He says when I brake very soft I should hear it and when I brake harder, I should not. That is in fact the case but I say it's bullshit that I have to drive around with a squeek.

Will having aftermarket brake pads/calipers/rotors help?

I've never had this issue when I first purchased the car and even after my second set up brake/rotors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
'06 IS350

My IS has had the dreaded loud and consistent squeek everytime I brake. The service mgr at my dealership has view my brakes a couple of times and said that my pads and rotors are still very good and doesn't require any replacement. He says that the cause is because the rotors are smooth and "glossed" from use and the combination of dust/rust/etc is creating the noise. He says when I brake very soft I should hear it and when I brake harder, I should not. That is in fact the case but I say it's bullshit that I have to drive around with a squeek.

Will having aftermarket brake pads/calipers/rotors help?

I've never had this issue when I first purchased the car and even after my second set up brake/rotors.

Thanks!
Have you had the brake TSIBs performed on your car yet? If not you might want to get one done.

Even better, the dust TSIB provides you with low-dust brake pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.