Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left head light went out. Does anyone know if it is covered by the warranty?
thanks for any input!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
chassis said:
My left head light went out. Does anyone know if it is covered by the warranty?
thanks for any input!
Yes it does cover under warranty if you have less than 50,000 miles.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
You have to worry about your warranty to change the bulb? :roll:

"Oh dear me, heaven forbid I get my manicured nails dirty changing a headlight bulb. I'll just pay some college dropout an ungodly ammount of money to do it for me."

Different story if it's the ballast, but your description is lacking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
chassis said:
cuz i don't know how much is it and i'm not as smart as u r.
happy?
It's a lightbulb. Go to Kragen, ask for a bulb, twist it in. It's not a head gasket for christ's sake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
yea jus replace it yerself its not hard at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually, this is what happened. I have a 2002
My LEFT head light went out, so I took it to Longo Lexus.
They replaced it, with no questions asked.
Now there is a adjustment problem with the light.
the light beam points down and it is not focused as the light on the right.
So i brought it back. They told me last time they replaced the bulb out of "goodwill". And they gave me a 2001 RIGHT bulb. I'm like "what the fock" shouldn't it be covered by the warranty?
now they want to charge $142 to fix the adjustment problem
I'm like "fock off biatch"
I'm calling lexus corp tomorrow to find out if the warranty covers it or is it really "goodwill".
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
You have to worry about your warranty to change the bulb? :roll:

"Oh dear me, heaven forbid I get my manicured nails dirty changing a headlight bulb. I'll just pay some college dropout an ungodly ammount of money to do it for me."

Different story if it's the ballast, but your description is lacking.
Uber, you should seriously work on your attitude and try not to bash everyone the first chance you get.

HID bulb costs $250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Here is the deal....

NO MATTER WHAT, those are coverd under bumber to bumber warranty, UNLESS you have altered your headlamp......

and as far as headlight aim adjustment goes, it is also free, because LEXUS replaced and it's not aiming right.....

You must be dealing with jackass service assistant... go and directly talk to service manager.....

Anymore questions, PM me....
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
chassis said:
actually, this is what happened. I have a 2002
My LEFT head light went out, so I took it to Longo Lexus.
They replaced it, with no questions asked.
Now there is a adjustment problem with the light.
the light beam points down and it is not focused as the light on the right.
So i brought it back. They told me last time they replaced the bulb out of "goodwill". And they gave me a 2001 RIGHT bulb. I'm like "what the fock" shouldn't it be covered by the warranty?
now they want to charge $142 to fix the adjustment problem
I'm like "fock off biatch"
I'm calling lexus corp tomorrow to find out if the warranty covers it or is it really "goodwill".
Def call Lexus Corp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the responses.
Latest Update: I called up lexus corp, and they said the all light bulbs are not covered. (including HID bulbs). :(
Should i just go talk to the service manager from my local dealer?
thanks
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
Interesting... :-?

Lexus.com said:
There's no way you can expect the unexpected, but you can definitely prepare for it with the Basic Warranty. The coverage lasts for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Wheel alignment and balancing, however, are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first.

This warranty covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any part supplied by Lexus, except for the following situations:

- Fire, accidents or theft.
- Abuse or negligence.
- Misuse--for example, racing or overloading.
- Improper repairs.
- Alteration or tampering.
- Lack of or improper maintenance, including use of fluids other than those specified in the Owner's Manual.
- Airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone chips), rail dust, salt, hail, floods, windstorms, lightning and other environmental conditions.
- Water contamination.
- Noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear.
- Failure of a vehicle on which the odometer has been altered so that actual vehicle mileage cannot be readily determined.
- Any vehicle for which the original factory-assigned vehicle identification number can't be determined.
- Any vehicle that has ever been issued a "salvage" title or similar title under any state's law. This also includes cars that have been declared a "total loss" or equivalent by a financial institution or insurer, such as by payment for a claim in lieu of repairs because the cost of repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle. This exclusion does not apply to the emission control warranties.
- Incidental or consequential damages associated with a vehicle failure. Such damages include but are not limited to inconvenience; the cost of transportation, telephone calls and lodging; the loss of personal or commercial property; and the loss of pay or revenue.
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups; replacement of fluids and filters; lubrication; cleaning and polishing; replacement of spark plugs and fuses; and replacement of worn wiper blades, brake pads/linings and clutch linings. NOTE: Lexus does provide the first two scheduled maintenance services for free.
- Tires, which are covered by a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer.
I don't see anywhere in the basic warranty it to state that the bulbs are not covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah. it's so strange
dlee74 told me that every Lexus service assistant have a Lexus Warranty Book, and that book clearly stated that BULB and HOUSING are COVERED under warranty....

i'll give their service manager a call.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top