Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which way you put the rotors on. Do the slots point like this <-- Front of car \ (Slot) or do they go like this /.

Pretty much does the top of the slot go first or the bottom?

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
I was wondering which way you put the rotors on. Do the slots point like this <-- Front of car \ (Slot) or do they go like this /.

there has been some discussion about this and from the brembo website, it says that the rotors should be positioned such that point on the slot that is closest to the outer edge of the rotor so hit the pads first when rotating

i don't think it really matters if the slots inside the rotor are straight though

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
Malekreza11 said:

there has been some discussion about this and from the brembo website, it says that the rotors should be positioned such that point on the slot that is closest to the outer edge of the rotor so hit the pads first when rotating

i don't think it really matters if the slots inside the rotor are straight though
that is key right there. if the inside vents are straight, it doesn't matter. if they're angled, you want them pointing back. if you point them forward, you'll cause a buncha drag and the hot air/gases whatever u wanna call it will be "stuffed" back into the rotor. facing them back will create a vaccuum when your car is running and suck them out.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
i'm pretty sure you face the slots so that the end closest to the outer edge of the rotor reaches first (going forward)

allegedly it is supposed to help draw air into the slot (i read that on here a long time ago.. sounds hokey tho)

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, thats why i suspected also. And for the first 2 replies, when you guys said "inside" did you mean the other side of the rotor facing the shock, or literally inside where the rotor is vented?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
Thanks Guys, thats why i suspected also. And for the first 2 replies, when you guys said "inside" did you mean the other side of the rotor facing the shock, or literally inside where the rotor is vented?
the front rotors have vents inside them, not the inside/outside FACES of the rotor, but actually inside where you see the holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.