Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright I just bought the c-west rear bumper and I took of my old bumper and the crash bar. I had a few questions I thought you guys would know the answers to for sure.

Do I HAVE TO remove these to put on the JDM rear bumper. I took the crash bar off, but will it still be okay if I leave these on. ( Don't want to leave them in the garage and loose them in all the f-in clutter). I am talking about the grey mounts for the crash bar. Will they fit in there still?

What the hell is the this random wire that was in my brash bar? This musn't have been directly from Lexus. Did my body shop f*ck something up?

Should I put the foam piece in the new one or was that in there for no reason but ot fill in area below the crash bar?

Thanks guys :D

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
that is prollly for the airbag sensor or lenses in the back is my guess
David

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is300soon said:
that is prollly for the airbag sensor or lenses in the back is my guess
David
I was guessing airbag sensor too, but why the fuck would my body shop completley disconnect that? :pissed: I need to see if there was anywhere that it could have been connected to.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UCLA-IS300 said:
it's for the rear lenses.
Thanks bud! 8)

I was kinda worried about it for a while.

Now, anybody know about that foam thing? I just took off the crash bar mounts; it didn't look like they were going to fit.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My friend has the C-West kit on his IS. I think I remember him telling me that had to make a custom foam thing that was SUPER thin to get his kit on.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
a little welding. Not much. Just get a tube, weld on a square plate and bolt it up.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SophieSleeps said:
a little welding. Not much. Just get a tube, weld on a square plate and bolt it up.
Thanks, but 'm not that mechanically inclined yet :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts