Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is a normal thing or not but I own an 05 IS300 auto with 36,725K miles. I've recently noticed when I turn the steering wheel almost lock to lock, I hear a cracking or popping sound come from the front end. This is also the same when I back up and turn. Sounds as if a tie rod is breaking or something. I've probably spent a grand total of 3 hours (over the course of about a week) underneath the car looking for any loose ends and haven't been able to find any tell tale signs of problems. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is it. I am still under warranty ofcourse however if its something big I am going to hopefull trade up to a 350. Thanks for all of ya'lls help.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I got this same sound when backing up. Also, i hear something like metal scraping when I back up and turn the wheel slightly.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had the same problem and it was a lower balljoint. usually most of the cars have an outlet so you can pump the grease in, but our cars doesn't have it so if it start squiring you need to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts