Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I need your opinion.
As some of you know, I am waiting for my silver one. I just got a phone call from my dealer. They said My silver one will be trucked this Thursday (will probably be at dealer on Sunday) and they have blue one sitting at the dealer right now.
My first choice is Silver. I hear people like Blue a lot. I haven't seen either of them in person.

I am going down there tonight after work.

Should I go for blue right now or wait and get Silver?

Your input needed.

Sean.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Both colors are great...

I chose silver because it is classy and does not look dirty when unwashed - I live in WASh DC and it snows here - so, 3 months out of the year, I am unable to wash the car - hose it down - but not wash it.

It rains a lot in Seattle, maybe silver is good. If I lived back in Cali, I would certainly choose Yellow or Blue.

Patience my friend, patience.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, yeah... wait and get the silver.
Hehe, I don't know if I can really help you cause I have SBM, but silver is pretty tyte too. If one were to have any sort of dillema, I guess having to choose between two IS300s is the best to have? But yeah, blue is pretty cool cause it changes color according to the sunlight (sometimes a tint of purple).

------------------
'01 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica /Ivory
LS, SR, HH, LD

'99 Civic LX

[This message has been edited by DJ (edited August 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
343 Posts
nextsean,

Glad to hear you're getting your car soon.. well, I'd personally get Blue but thats always been the color I wanted.. Silver is a timeless color though.. it'll always look good and it is "classier".. but I think a blue car with some 18" silver wheels (with polished lip) would look better than a silver car.. just my opinion.. but if you had made up your mind a long time ago on the silver, then that might be your best bet.. but hell.. if someone offered me a doodoo brown one right now, I'd probably take it.. desperation will drive a man to do crazy things..

·
Registered
291 Posts
He! he! --:

Blue is great to modify..but keep it clean all the time...

All of you know that Lexus is releasing their Red color IS by Septe 2001.

Oh well....

Can't wait...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Almost every one of my friends that's seen my SBM during the day has said..."I never knew Lexus made a car that color" or "That color makes the car". And, for the most part, I have to agree. I've come to the conclusion that the SBM is what catches people's eyes first and then the fact that it's an IS300. I've seen all the IS colors on the road during the day and have to say that Yellow has the most impact and SBM would be next.

But...the Silver looks extremely classy...especially from the rear view because the taillights seem to blend in with the car.

So, I say go with Blue if you want the impact of having a BLUE car. Or get the Silver to have a classy car (it is your first choice afterall...).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, here is the follow up.

I went to the dealer with my friend (so that I could have second opinion). We went back of the dealer because the car (blue one) was about to get detailed. I asked him if he could pull the car out so I can see the color on natural light. It had different shades of blue depending on the light and shadow. My friend and the saleman both told me to wait for the silver one. And I agree. I think I will wait for it.

Since I am leaning toward classiness, I will go for silver.

Thanks for the input guys.

Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
nextsean
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing