Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP MEEEEEEEE

I need a carcover like yesterday, and i have no idea where to begin. i have ordered a car cover from lexuspartsmall and i think it was a bad idea, i do not know anything abouth the cover so i might cancel my order enless someone has one and can tell me somthing about it.

i have been to carbytes and seen their covers but i have no idea what is good or not.

I need somthing for the snow, rain, and dust

ANY INFO GUYS!!!!!!!!

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a Covercraft model C16181 in
Weathershield material. $164.99 from Autosupermart.com. This is the finest car cover I have owned. Bettern than cotton, polyester, or Evolution4. Evo4 is thicker but not water sheding. It actually is made by Kimberly Clark out of a Pampers diaper like material. Absorbs a LOT of water. Plus in 3 years it begins to break down into dust which clings to the car and tears up. This Weathershield is quite amazing stuff, kinda like a GoreTex material. Water just beads up on it, but lets underneath moisture evaporate. After a rain, simply shake it strongly, and all the water beads fly off. So, you don't really have to wash it as often or at all. Great experience so far.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Albertezza:
Weathershield material. $164.99 from Autosupermart.com. This is the finest car cover I have owned. Bettern than cotton, polyester, or Evolution4. Evo4 is thicker but not water sheding. It actually is made by Kimberly Clark out of a Pampers diaper like material. Absorbs a LOT of water. Plus in 3 years it begins to break down into dust which clings to the car and tears up. This Weathershield is quite amazing stuff, kinda like a GoreTex material. Water just beads up on it, but lets underneath moisture evaporate. After a rain, simply shake it strongly, and all the water beads fly off. So, you don't really have to wash it as often or at all. Great experience so far.
How heavy is it.....does it fold up nicely or is it bulky?

thanks for the info

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Albertezza:
Are you sure it is the weathershield material because that carcover cost well over 200.00 from the web site you gave me. the Noah car cover there is exactly 164.99....is this the one that you have...this one (the Noah) is the diaper-like material.

Please let me know

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
38 Posts
Weathershield folds up at least 50% smaller than the Evo4 material. It weighs about the same.

If you order from autosupermart.com, you'll have to send them an email to request a quote, because they don't directly list Weathershield material nor do they list an IS300. Covercraft does, that's where I got the PN C16181 from. The price is $164.99, the same as NOAH (large) - an updated Evo4 material. They took my money and shipped me product.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you are putting the car outside, get a cover made with Noah material...it's excellent!
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
If you are putting the car outside, get a cover made with Noah material...it's excellent!
Ed

I ordered the noah one today!!!!i hope its good..

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have an evolution 4 cover for my '66 mustang...it's ok..I think better for indoors. For outdoors, the Noah offers ultimate weather protection, that's what I have covering my Miata, and soon my Acura.
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

1 - 9 of 9 Posts