Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car leaks what i think is water (no smell, clear, leaves no residue when dry). I see the lil hose its leaking from, and it leads into the passenger side cabin and its clipped onto the side of the passenger side wheel well. My friend said it might just be a drainage for condensated water on the a/c....

If anyone can help that'd be great! Thanks guys. :D

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
take pics.

I have seen many lines in the is300 now, the AC area drains back near that area.. U can trace it, but its pretty hard.

David

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
:lol: :lol:
:lol:

Of COURSE it's the AC! There's no other plain water in the car, unless you fill your windshield fluid resevoir with plain water!

You live in Vegas, it's probably as humid there as it is here. My AC has been leaking like a MOFO over the past couple of months. Every time I pull in my garage and get out, there's an "S" shape trail of water down my driveway where the car just was seconds before.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Don't worry about it -- just the air conditioning - the reason that it leaks is that A/C removes moisture from the air and that water has to go somewhere. It's by design.

What does this have to do with Go Fast Stuff, btw?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
quick said:
Don't worry about it -- just the air conditioning - the reason that it leaks is that A/C removes moisture from the air and that water has to go somewhere. It's by design.

What does this have to do with Go Fast Stuff, btw?
Wrong. It's condensation from the outside of the compressor. When the freon is compressed back into liquid, it gets extremely cold, and when it's humid, you get alot of condensation.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
nabisco212000 said:
i have a drip inside the cabin onto my gas pedal, its water, anyone else have this problem? :pissed:
If the drain tube were clogged or misrouted, it could be the same problem. Take it to Lexus and see what they think about it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
yea bro its defently the AC...same shit happened to my mom in her camry and she freaked out on me asking if it was an oil leak and its not its just water from the AC..as for the cabin problem..if your still under warrenty take it to lexus and make those fvckers fix it...goodluck

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
IS300_Onyx_SportDesign said:
yea bro its defently the AC...same sh*t happened to my mom in her camry and she freaked out on me asking if it was an oil leak and its not its just water from the AC..as for the cabin problem..if your still under warrenty take it to lexus and make those fvckers fix it...goodluck
how do you tell if it is oil or water?

j/k...i collect the water coming off the A/C compressor and bottle it and sell it

·
Registered
90 Posts
easy answer .. you lick it ofcourse! :p
XCstud said:
IS300_Onyx_SportDesign said:
yea bro its defently the AC...same sh*t happened to my mom in her camry and she freaked out on me asking if it was an oil leak and its not its just water from the AC..as for the cabin problem..if your still under warrenty take it to lexus and make those fvckers fix it...goodluck
how do you tell if it is oil or water?

j/k...i collect the water coming off the A/C compressor and bottle it and sell it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts