Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know what happened it was working fine the other day and yesterday it started cutting on and off and now it won't turn on again :pissed: should i get a new amp?

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
lexluger180 said:
i don't know what happened it was working fine the other day and yesterday it started cutting on and off and now it won't turn on again :pissed: should i get a new amp?
You need to double check all connections to verify that they are all secure. This includes ALL connections as in speakers, power, ground, remote turn on, and source in.

If you are 100% positive that the problem is not in the connections, then you can focus on the equipment. If you have a dual coil sub, make sure that both coils are OK.

Chek the amp for heat to the touch. If extremely hot then you have a impedance problem or an internal issue that a qualified service technician should look into.

Check back in after you to the basic explained above.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for some reason it started working again when i started the car today :crazy: but who knows how long before it turns off again :roll: i had it bumping for almost 2 hrs at school today and it was fine but it didn't work last nite :-? it's weird cuz i double check the connections last nite and everything seems fine,how do i check the coils ? i highly doubt thats it though cuz the the amp wont turn on so i dont think its the sub

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont think it's overheating cuz when i touch it it's warm but when i touch my cuzins its as hot as the header.it's a 600 watt 2 channel kenwood and im using 1 phoenix gold titanium dvc 12 :D any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
listen to lisnup65, check all your connections. To me this is what is sounds like, loose connections.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no loose connections im positive i tighten the connectors for everything double checked the remote wire too :D but for some reason it turns on and off at nite but when i wake up to go to school it works :-? is the amp blown?

·
8,849 Posts
Make sure your batter power cable is well-connecteed.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i extra tightened the battery when i installed the system :D i guess i just gotta get a new amp :-?

·
8,849 Posts
lexluger180 said:
...i guess i just gotta get a new amp :-?
That may very well be the case. It is not unheard of to have intermittent problems with amps. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts