Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Im buying an autometer boost and EGT gauge and an AEM Wideband and I wanted to know how big the difference was between electric and mechanical. In willing to buy the full sweep electric but if a mechanical would work just as good, Id like to save the money. Also wonce I buy the gauges is there anything else I need to buy in order to install them and for them to work? Are there any wires or anything I need to purchase to get the gauges to work? I already have the pod. Thanks for the help.

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
To install the EGT guage you will need the correct size tap to tap your sensor in your manafold or downpipe. Other than that you should be good.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much would that cost? Where do I get it? Im also getting the AEM wideband.

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
You can find taps at plumbing/hardware stores and online. You could also just take your downpipe/manafold to a machine shop and have them do it for you. They can also weld a couple of bung plugs for ya too. You will need to tap the wideband o2 sensor as well. Taps run around $10 +/-

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
ebay ebay ebay, thats where i got my aem wideband, boost gauage and safc neo. i suggest you do all AEM so they all match, other wise it looks stupid with one or two gauges that were different. i also feel that digital gauges are more accurate, i had a stewart warner boost gauge before and that thing was hard to read, now i have the aem and its clear

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A boost gauge, for example, is nice to get in electric because it doesn't require an 8 foot long vacuum line to be ran into the car. Instead, it uses a remotely mounted pressure sensor which is installed under the hood, which sends a digital signal to the gauge. All EGTs are basically electronic, and so are widebands.

recommend:
Omori
Greddy
PLX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts