hey guys,

well im in illinois and ive called around and these are my Tint chioces

1. Sungaurd $325.00
2. Energy Gaurd $250.00
3. Johnson $320.00
4. Madico $225.00 (ziebart)
*Mcgrath Lexus of Chicago uses Madico
and charges 350+ taxes (what a ripoff)

i have a Black on Black IS so i was also curious on the reflective tint. They have some light shades of reflective tint that look sooooo nice on black cars!!!!!

just curious if anyone out there has any experience with any of these above tints...
and the reflective tints.....

thanks

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake, Tint (2 weeks)

[This message has been edited by mccarlin (edited February 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go with sunguard at 35% light transmittance. That's what I have on the front windows of my '00 Jeep G.C. 4.7L V8. Not too dark but it's legal. I used to have 300ZX with 5% transmittance, looked cool but impossible to see at night. I actually got pulled over and was written a ticket for it. Be safe with the 35%. I just ordered a '01 Silver IS 300, Leather, LSD, Heated Seats, Moonroof, Graphite Polished wheels/locks, Trunk Mat last Saturday from Lexus of Orland. Its being prepped as we speak. I'm going with the 35% as soon as I pick it up. Maybe SRT?

I would stay away from the reflective tint unless youz gotz to be pickin' ur bitches and ho's from the free clinic. IMO It's a little pimpy. But to each his own.

Apologies in advance to any pimps out there.

BTW, good pics of your Black IS in the winter, that camera is incredible. What kind is it? Price?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm actually getting it tinted on Thursday (2/22) and will have them install plain ol' smoke tint, 35%. I think it's made by 3M.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by mccarlin:
hey guys,

well im in illinois and ive called around and these are my Tint chioces

1. Sungaurd $325.00
2. Energy Gaurd $250.00
3. Johnson $320.00
4. Madico $225.00 (ziebart)
*Mcgrath Lexus of Chicago uses Madico
and charges 350+ taxes (what a ripoff)

i have a Black on Black IS so i was also curious on the reflective tint. They have some light shades of reflective tint that look sooooo nice on black cars!!!!!

just curious if anyone out there has any experience with any of these above tints...
and the reflective tints.....

thanks

i got madico... they're pretty good. i have an silver is..

35% front
5% back..
SOLID!! TOTALLY COOL!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had my DWP IS300 done just recently. The guy did a great job. No stress cuts on the back window at all and it is flawless. I used Johnson (which I believe uses Llumar brand tint). The tint was Platinum ES, which is a semi reflective tint, and I got it at 35%. It looks really good and you cant beat the Johnson films lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by EYE_S:
I had my DWP IS300 done just recently. The guy did a great job. No stress cuts on the back window at all and it is flawless. I used Johnson (which I believe uses Llumar brand tint). The tint was Platinum ES, which is a semi reflective tint, and I got it at 35%. It looks really good and you cant beat the Johnson films lifetime warranty.
Any pics????????????

I would really like to see the Reflective tints on a IS

thanks

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake, Tint (2 weeks)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I am getting a digital camera in a week or so. I plan on taking plenty of pictures. My 18" Lowenhart LGM's will be here Thursday I think...so hopefully I will have lots to show!

The reflective tint isn't mirror reflective like it sounds. It just reflects enough of the light to make it hard to see in, giving it some reflective properties. Ok, hard to explain...your right...I need a picture

[This message has been edited by EYE_S (edited February 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I don't know much about the quality of tints, In my opinion though, I would get 35%...30% would be the darkest...IMHO, anything darker gets progressively more ghetto...

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
2000 Razor Scooter w/Wheelie Bar
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the reflective tint from Madico..slight mirror affect..paid $180.00
fronts 35% rear 10% ( and if anyone is wondering the rear window can be done in one piece....) I watch the guy do it...Just incase anyone was intrested in knowing...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Gotago:
I have the reflective tint from Madico..slight mirror affect..paid $180.00
fronts 35% rear 10% ( and if anyone is wondering the rear window can be done in one piece....) I watch the guy do it...Just incase anyone was intrested in knowing...

Any side pics..........that looks awesome that way.......i think im definatly getting the Reflective now.........

Love to see side pics!!!!!!!!

------------------
Later

MIKE

·
Registered
142 Posts
Any side pics..........that looks awesome that way.......i think im definatly getting the Reflective now.........

Love to see side pics!!!!!!!!

I just sold my digital camera..i'll borrow one tonight and post them tomorrow..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts