Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright.. i have 2 10" l5 kickers in a box..

if i mount my amp infront of my woofer cones on a bracket (ihave it on top of the box right now but it won't clear the hump) would it compromise sound quality or the boom? spl?
i have a ppi pcx2400... about 30 inches long

the reason why i want to do this is to put the enclosure above the hump so i have more trunk space

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know it may seem like a dumb question but please someone ANSWER!!! :bitching:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Can you not just put the amp on the side of the box? If not you can PM for a pic of my new install that I got today. The audio shop built a small platform underneath the box that clears the hump.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmm the amp is 30 inches long and it wouldn't fit behind the box since the trunk it self is as long as the amp

so that is why i'm putting it infront

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you can get the amp mounted up with a lot of clearance (distance from amp to cone) then I don't think it would matter. But if it is close then the amp will act like a baffle and the charicterisics of the box will change and it may act like a slot loaded or bandpass box. That is one huge amp (30").

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DHCrocks said:
If you can get the amp mounted up with a lot of clearance (distance from amp to cone) then I don't think it would matter. But if it is close then the amp will act like a baffle and the charicterisics of the box will change and it may act like a slot loaded or bandpass box. That is one huge amp (30").
i know :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts