Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I saw the tutorials on how to remove the back seat. I got the bottom out just fine, but the back portion just wouldnt budge. I tried to lift it up, but it felt like something was stuck on the center top of the seat. I mean I really put some force in it and it just wouldnt go. Does anyone have any ideas? The tutorial didnt really say anything about this.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
for the back section.. you need to unbolt it first... i think there is 3 or 4 bolts holding it in place.. once all bolts are removed you have to slide the whole unit up about 6-8 inches or so... grab the bottom of it.. one hand on the left bottom and the other hand on the right bottom and lift up until it basically hits the roof... then just pull from the top toward you and you're done.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that is pretty much what I did, but it felt like something was caught or stuck near the center headrest. Maybe I will try again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
there are 3 logs at the back...all u got to do is remove the bolts, and the u lift the seat till u unlog...this is how i removed my seat.....its something diffrent for these cars...i never saw it for any cars..

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Bro, it takes a ton of force. I thought mine was caught too. Turns out, you just have to pull until your spine almost breaks.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Bro, it takes a ton of force. I thought mine was caught too. Turns out, you just have to pull until your spine almost breaks.
yeah..pull up until you pretty much shart yourself.. than and only than will it come out.. the seat I mean, the shart will have come out by than..

·
Registered
396 Posts
As everyone else has stated, it takes lots of force.

Force it up like you wanna break it.

Pretend you wanna drown someone in a tub who's trying to stay above water, so you use a lot of strength to keep them down; that kind of force.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
i figured he already took out the c pillars and the child seat bolts since he said he was using a tutorial...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts