Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a nice improvement over stock and intake n exhaust and other little things are not gonna cut it, i have been debating whether to get a more conservative stage 1 which adds roughly 100 to the wheels which is a nice improvement, or spend the extra $G$ and get another 50-60 to the wheels and would add a intercooler which also will break a few necks. Like most i want my car running good it is my daily driver and feel if i go a little over board i'm in for lots of problems since i would be doubling the stock horsepower. Most of the cars around here would not be able to run me with a stage one ,ex- lightly modded wrx's, couple modded dsm's, as well as maxima's, firebirds,etc. Most of these cars are low 14's high 13's. After owning my currently stock IS for one summer , i got my ass handed to me by these cars, whether i lost by alot or a little its the same either way, bottom line is i wanna turn the table and give these cars a good run this summer- your suggestions would be nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point, my friend had a AWD turbo eclipse, upgraded turbo which added 100 to the wheels, and of course something broke , now that he got a little taste from a 12 second car, he's re-doing the engine and looking to be low 11's, hes gonna be broke and his car is gonna be broke more often then not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
like how much more, I know things like an AFC, guages are essential but what else and how much did u end up shelling out before it was all over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
what does the stage 2 cost with full exhaust?




gavron1 said:
Go with the stage II the intercooler is a plus for a f/i setup and even with the stageII you will still end up wanting more :D Be prepared to spend more than 4-5k for a stage II. By the time you add in all the things not mentioned in the base kit you will end up spending more than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
stick said:
Yeah, what does a stage II cost? What is the rwhp difference between the I and II?
The stageII is about 5k wtih no other extras. The 3" downpie is an extra $100.00 I think. The full 3'exhaust is about $1000.00 from SRT. I had a local shop do my mid section(which saved a little), and I already had the L-Tuned which I am using. Not sure the price for the install it was all depending on what all work they were doing (gauges, valve body, boost controller etc) The HP difference is around 20-30 I am guessing, depending on the exhaust setup and boost you run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,661 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
like how much more, I know things like an AFC, guages are essential but what else and how much did u end up shelling out before it was all over.
Gauges will set you back around $700...you need a guage pod (probably TRD) which is $250. A turbo timer is a must (around $100). Boost controller also (if you have a stage two and want to turn down boost)..the price varies but it can get pricey (300$ +).

So yeah, make sure that if you get a stage 2 you'll still be able to spend around an extra K for all the other necesities.
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
12,387 Posts
Not only is a turbo timer not a must, no one even has one yet(as far as I know at least).

You can get the TRD gauge pod from Carson for like 160 and there is another guage pod that will be out soon, not sure of the price yet though.




lil' IS 300 said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:
like how much more, I know things like an AFC, guages are essential but what else and how much did u end up shelling out before it was all over.
Gauges will set you back around $700...you need a guage pod (probably TRD) which is $250. A turbo timer is a must (around $100). Boost controller also (if you have a stage two and want to turn down boost)..the price varies but it can get pricey (300$ +).

So yeah, make sure that if you get a stage 2 you'll still be able to spend around an extra K for all the other necesities.
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
12,387 Posts
I stand corrected. :) Actually I knew someone had one but I couldn't remember who.

:lol: You've got boost and you're always late? You need more. :D



gavron1 said:
IS_Dude said:
Not only is a turbo timer not a must, no one even has one yet(as far as I know at least).
I have the Blitz on my car and am very happy with it. I am always running late, and with this I don't have to stay with my car while it cools.
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
12,387 Posts
gavron1 said:
IS_Dude said:
:lol: You've got boost and you're always late? You need more. :D
:lol: I know I am working on that at the moment. I need more $$$ as well!!
If I ever get up there to ATL I'm gonna check out your ride. I've got a RedNeck buddy(Jimbo) that lives in ptc who has a FireChicken(hawk whatever). Have you by chance raced him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
IS_Dude said:
gavron1 said:
IS_Dude said:
:lol: You've got boost and you're always late? You need more. :D
:lol: I know I am working on that at the moment. I need more $$$ as well!!
If I ever get up there to ATL I'm gonna check out your ride. I've got a RedNeck buddy(Jimbo) that lives in ptc who has a FireChicken(hawk whatever). Have you by chance raced him.
Not yet :D PTC is not that big so I would imagine I have seen him around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
Re: ...

for SRT STAGE 2?

thats about even with everyone else




lil' IS 300 said:
neiiy69 said:
in the end with stage 2 .. what is the final cost of everything?? i mean all the goodies?
It's roughly around $6300-6400
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
10 Participants
Dernick
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top