Lexus IS Forum banner

Help me out Canadians (carbon fiber parts)pics

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  GREEN420 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I got my hood and trunk today from our sponsor Carbon limited.
and everything looks good,now to get them on the car,after the test fit I noticed some bad things
In another post
inside and out forum
Thanks
Derik

#2 ·
If your looking at Seibon products, you will have to order form a distributor here in Canada or local to you. Unless you deliver to a USA address, you will pay a little extra for the up charge.

If you try to ship across the border, it will not be worth your time or money...not only due to your remote location, but with the added cost, and risk of damage through shipping direct to you.

You can start by reviewing the below thread on a buy we had in Toronto last year.

http://my.is/forums/f122/who-wants-brand-new-cf-hood-300-250-350-delivered-t-o-321938/

Here is their website direct and are really the only OE style hood you should consider, due to its near perfect fitment.

Seibon Carbon Fiber Products: Hoods, Trunk Lids, Fenders, Lip Spoilers, Accessories...

Digger08

#3 ·
Sadly I doubt any Canadian business stocks carbon fiber hoods and trunks for IS300's. Any business that you would buy these things from is likely going to import them from the States or Japan.

I have no idea what the car scene is like in PEI... but I would continue to check all your options for carbon fiber parts... including other American distributors.

You may find others here that would also be interested in Carbon parts and save money on shipping. Some people here ordered Seibon parts together thru Tires23 in Mississauga (Toronto).

#4 ·
I see you have been talking to Carbon Ltd in their vendor thread.

That price seems a little high!

I know you are in P.E.I, but you should be able to get this local through a body kit or tuner Shop. Hell, even if you have to ship it to Halifax the most you should have to pay is about $700.00 - $800.00.

The price they quoted you, may not even include brokerage fees or customs fees.

There must be another way, just gone to have to give it some time. Be sure to check all of your options.

Digger08

#5 ·
Thanks for all the info
As you stated my remote location sucks!!
I order everything in for my cars that I build.
After I posted this Carbon Limited finally got back to me,
and told me to call today which I will.
But I am uncertain if I will order now after the wait and looking at there feedback.
I might go boost instead of carbon this year

Ps my car will be done in 2 weeks I will post a pic.
I have been busy with this car,it should be nice

#7 ·
Ooops my bad forgot about the trunk!

Digger08

#16 · (Edited)
Pics are a must,I put alot of time in this car.I can't wait to paint it and drive it.
I should have it done soon.
Here is a pic of the last project.Sold it to buy parts for the IS300 LOL
For those that don't know it is a 1990 accord fully shaved custom sideskirts and I put in a JDM H22 motor swap and a bunch of other crap

#17 ·

A quick pic of my car.Still have to put on sideskirts,finish painting rims
lower back down, install stereo system and nitrous for upcoming show.oh yeah I will be repainting it next week since they mixed my paint to dark and not enough pearls.red halos on the way for my retro fitted lights:bigSmile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.