Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all, I have gathered some info on what I need to do an r154 swap, and have come up with the following:

1) I need the manual tranny from an 89-92 mk3 supra (7M series in US).
2) I need the bell housing from the 1JZ mk3 supra (JZA70, J-spec), toyo part number is 31111-14111.
3) I think the driveshaft on the mk3 tranny is 'slide-type' fitting, whereas on our cars it is a 'bolt-type.' As a result, I will need to fab the driveshaft to utilize the front fitting from a mk3 driveshaft, with the rear part from our driveshaft.
4) The shifter will probably have to be moved to fit.

Anyone with any ideas of where to find this stuff? Particularly the bell housing? I would like to do this swap, and I am not having much luck searching on the internet.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
doublins said:
Ok all, I have gathered some info on what I need to do an r154 swap, and have come up with the following:

1) I need the manual tranny from an 89-92 mk3 supra (7M series in US).
2) I need the bell housing from the 1JZ mk3 supra (JZA70, J-spec), toyo part number is 31111-14111.
3) I think the driveshaft on the mk3 tranny is 'slide-type' fitting, whereas on our cars it is a 'bolt-type.' As a result, I will need to fab the driveshaft to utilize the front fitting from a mk3 driveshaft, with the rear part from our driveshaft.
4) The shifter will probably have to be moved to fit.

Anyone with any ideas of where to find this stuff? Particularly the bell housing? I would like to do this swap, and I am not having much luck searching on the internet.

-Chris
There's several posts on GTE doing an r154 swap kit, PFS does these swaps now, I'm sure you can ask either of them for some helpful solutions.

C'mon GTE, make that kit for these guys!! That stupid ass W55 sucks CACK!! :lol:

Kane

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Bro, soory to hear about the tranny. As for parts, check wiht Ganz at Carson Toyota. He's got a hooked up Supra, and pleanty of industry contacts. He might be able to find some stuff or find someone that can help you out. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Enevel12 said:
Hey Bro, soory to hear about the tranny. As for parts, check wiht Ganz at Carson Toyota. He's got a hooked up Supra, and pleanty of industry contacts. He might be able to find some stuff or find someone that can help you out. Good luck.
Oh yeah! him too! He's got a crap load of contacts and can find just about anything for you!

Good luck Chris,

Kane

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, I will give Steve a call.

I'll keep you posted on what's going on w/ the car.

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts