Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to see what the best place is to buy a new Hiper exhaust. Ltunedparts has one listed for $295 on their site. Has anyone dealt with them and do you know how long it would take? Any info appreciated.

I was going to leave this pos stock because it's my DD, but I guess I can't. Not looking for power gains btw, just a little more growl.

Reactions: Squareback

·
Registered
565 Posts
carson toyota is great to deal with. i would rec. them to anyone. i have purchased numerous parts there. and that price on that hks exhaust is actually 280 as a GB special and that exhaust is in stock. i was just talking to luis about it the other day. hope it helps

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

+rep

·
Registered
295 Posts
Greg,
I too can vouch for Carson. Luis is a stand up guy. I am in the military and currently stationed in Germany. Everytime I order parts for their, I recieve it within 7-8 business days. (that's 8K miles) I'm sure you'd get it before I would. 280.00 isn't a bad deal, especially when it's in stock. Hope this helps. G/L

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I PM'd Luis earlier today, waiting for a response.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, order placed.

Repped whoever I could.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, got it delivered today and will be installing it as soon as the car cools down. Quick question: was it supposed to come with a gasket? Didn't get one.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I don't think any come with a gasket. Re-use the stock one (that is what I did), and as long as you have no leaks you're good to go.

Otherwise, will have to buy a new one at the dealer.

Reactions: MrGregski

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think any come with a gasket. Re-use the stock one (that is what I did), and as long as you have no leaks you're good to go.

Otherwise, will have to buy a new one at the dealer.
Thanks.

Now, can't move the bolts to save my life.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Hit it with PB blaster once a day for a week and just let it sit there and marinate. WD-40 won't cut it, get PB Plaster.

Then tap the bolts lightly with a wrench/hammer (at the end of the week, or every-time you shoot them with the PB, depending on how rusted the are)

Then using at least a 12 inch breaker bar, they should come off like butter.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Once a day for a week?! One way or another they were coming off TONIGHT. Took a little work, but at least I didn't donate any blood and since it's cold and I had my garage doors closed my neighbor's kids didn't learn any new nice words. It's on, took it for a spin, sounds good. :)

EDIT: Here's a pic, yes, I am going to wash it.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude is your car black under all of that?! lolz +NE rep
enjoy the shiny exhaust while you can, a few days under NE snow/rain/salt will dirty it up real fast.
Yeah, it's been too ugly out to even wash it. Will do tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts