Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the dealer the other nite while i was waiting they washed my car- which is ok- but then i went out and saw the washer drying it off with a cloth that had no product on it- so basically rubbing a dry-ass cloth against the clear cloat...well...now i've got all kinds of little scratches and stuff on the bumper and everywhere basically...

Will a claybar remove these? If not, what can i use???? :pissed:

also, i've got a small scratch above the door handle- it's white, but upon touching it, doesn't feel like it's down to the primer at all...doesn't feel different than the rest of the car- but it won't come out with buffing!! Any suggestions??? :(

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
brc said:
also, i've got a small scratch above the door handle- it's white, but upon touching it, doesn't feel like it's down to the primer at all...doesn't feel different than the rest of the car- but it won't come out with buffing!! Any suggestions??? :(
could you try some touch up paint bro? if so there sold at your local lexus dealer for 5 buck or a little more.

-ringo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lesson Learned

NEVER LET THE DEALER CLEAN YOUR CAR!!!!

They have people being payed $9/hour cleaning your car.

THESE PEOPLE DON'T DRIVE LEXUS CARS NOR DO THEY APPRECIATE YOUR CAR.

Make it a point to tell the dealer NOT to clean your car when you bring it in for services....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Lesson Learned

B-Lexusfan said:
NEVER LET THE DEALER CLEAN YOUR CAR!!!!

They have people being payed $9/hour cleaning your car.

THESE PEOPLE DON'T DRIVE LEXUS CARS NOR DO THEY APPRECIATE YOUR CAR.

Make it a point to tell the dealer NOT to clean your car when you bring it in for services....
well here's the poop- i called today and was in a harsh bad mood- so after i talked to the tech/sales dudes- bitched em out- they called me back in about an hour..now they're gonna re-painted the scratch on the door handle area, but won't do nuthin bout the other superficial scratches...

so has anyone here used this Scratch-X shizza? Does it work?

thanks all...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This is what happend to me (my other car)...

I had a few scratches on my car, so I asked the dealership to buff it out, and they said no problem--their "detailer" can take care of it... When I picked it up in the afternoon, the car was covered with SWIRL MARKS!!!!! I nearly passed out, and basically called them right away, and the service advisor said "umm, I don't know, I don't really see it". Well, when I pointed out to him, under sunlight, he then said, "um okay, yeah I guess the detailer screwed up"...Bastard probablly used a dirty pads or something. To make the long story short, two days later in the body shop, the swirl marks are lighter, but still there, and it was the best they can do... I am still upset and thinking about having the whole car repainted but I am just tired dealing with their BS.

I've tried Meguiar's Scratch X and it hasn't done much in buffing away the scratches...Maybe it takes a lot more elbow grease and a few more application. The other thing to do is to HIDE the swirl marks with polish/hand glaze (non-abrasives). One I heard most often is the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (Pep Boys, $10+). Good luck.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: Lesson Learned

The Chief said:
brc said:
so has anyone here used this Scratch-X shizza? Does it work?
It worked pretty well when removing swirl marks and minor surface scratches from my vehicles.
I have had great experience with it. I cleaned up my white Accord with it to prep it for sale. It took all the black marks and minor scratches out completely. Don't forget to wax over it after you are done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts