Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this normal? I live in Toronto- so it's mad snowy/icy in the winter- but can i simply have this area painted over when i get my calipers done?
anyone else's wheels like this? :(

<p>
[/img]

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
me being a newbie..ive already seen this posted enough times to know that its like a factory defect and you can just take it to your dealer and have it painted. I believe they do it for free. Warranty thing.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
It took me about 20 minutes to take off the wheels, use some rust threatment and then paint the hubs with Rustoleum. I used a brush on paint so I didn't have to mask.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bartkat said:
It took me about 20 minutes to take off the wheels, use some rust threatment and then paint the hubs with Rustoleum. I used a brush on paint so I didn't have to mask.
did you attempt to take it back to the dealership first? or u just wanted to DIY? i didn't know that this kinda stuff was covered under warranty- but good to know!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It's alot easier and quicker to just paint them yourself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BossMan said:
yah i was thinkin that too..might do em along with my calipers at the same time...can i use the same high temp paint?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BossMan said:
yah i was thinkin that too..might do em along with my calipers at the same time...can i use the same high temp paint?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
would they give u a loaner for work like this? Cuz in that case itd be sooo worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts