Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
I have an IS300 2008 model, this is middle east version similar to IS 250 or 350. the car is full option, HID xenon factory and all... So i was trying to install HID Kit on the High beams, and did so, but i thought putting the dust cover was not important, so a couple days passed i took it to the car wash and then the problem started. my factory xenon proj. started acting weird in a sense it would turn on sometimes but then it wouldnt, then the next day i saw water in the head light, light kept on doing the same.. on or off sometimes

The STUPID PART:
I thought i would dry the water out, and install back the halogen high beams, to my stupidity I started to blow dry the headlight assembly, the water dried, i am not sure if i was too close to the assembly or something.. the Low Beam factory xenon does not work any more

The level and turning of the projector still works fine. I am not sure what to do now.

MY THOUGHT
I am thinking to take the headlight out and check for current to the ballast in and out, but I do not know how to take the headlight, I am an engineering major but some pics of how to do it would help a lot. Or if this remedy is stupid like my older ideas please HELP OUT :( in need of it real bad.

I hope people can help me here

Thank you Guys

·
Registered
601 Posts
thats so cool, 2008 is300, lol...

um, I would just take it all apart, and get a new bulb, and double I MEAN TRIPLE check your connections..

even go as far as if u cannot get another bulb, switch the bulbs out with the other side, and see i it still does it.. thatll tell u weather its the bulb or the wiring...

ps- post this on the is250/350 forums, kind of the wrong place man...

hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts