Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday I tried installing my Toyomoto Catback Exhaust. I was able to get the car on the lift to make installation easier. I had help by a mechanic that let me use the lift. I unbolt the stock exhaust anf the mechanic went ahead and put grease on the holes in the rubber hangers. I go to loosely attach the toyomoto resonator pipe and then we go to mount the exhaust on the greased rubber hangers.

Okay here is where I need help the help;

1.) The exhaust was not staying on the rubber hangers. I know this is because of the grease the mechanic put on. But if there hadn't been any grease would it have stayed throught the friction of the hangers.

2.) I have an Arms Design Body Kit and the exhaust needs to come straight out which it does. However the canister is hitting the rear lip. I know I need to cut the lip to fit but without fixing #1. Can't do #2.

3.) What bolts do I use to clamp together the resonator to the exhaust. The stock pipe has the spring loaded bolts. What do I do?

I want to try again only because the exhaust was not staying in place when on the hangers. Other than that the exhaust fits as it did come off another IS300.

The toyomoto exhaust does not have nipples on the end of the hangers to keep the rubber hangers from sliding off. But I think the exhaust hangers were was supposed to be dry fitted on the rubber hangers. Only saying this from my experience on Saturday.

Well I put my stock exhaust back on and call it a day on Saturday. Nothing was working out.

Can anyone confirm this for me and give a .netter a hand. I need help....

I bought this off another .net member and really want it on my car. He is willing to give me money back which is real cool of him. Thanks Alex for your understanding!

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: HELP "Install Toyomoto Exhaust & Arms Design Re

AntzLexusIS said:
This Saturday I tried installing my Toyomoto Catback Exhaust. I was able to get the car on the lift to make installation easier. I had help by a mechanic that let me use the lift. I unbolt the stock exhaust anf the mechanic went ahead and put grease on the holes in the rubber hangers. I go to loosely attach the toyomoto resonator pipe and then we go to mount the exhaust on the greased rubber hangers.

Okay here is where I need help the help;

1.) The exhaust was not staying on the rubber hangers. I know this is because of the grease the mechanic put on. But if there hadn't been any grease would it have stayed throught the friction of the hangers.

2.) I have an Arms Design Body Kit and the exhaust needs to come straight out which it does. However the canister is hitting the rear lip. I know I need to cut the lip to fit but without fixing #1. Can't do #2.

3.) What bolts do I use to clamp together the resonator to the exhaust. The stock pipe has the spring loaded bolts. What do I do?

I want to try again only because the exhaust was not staying in place when on the hangers. Other than that the exhaust fits as it did come off another IS300.

The toyomoto exhaust does not have nipples on the end of the hangers to keep the rubber hangers from sliding off. But I think the exhaust hangers were was supposed to be dry fitted on the rubber hangers. Only saying this from my experience on Saturday.

Well I put my stock exhaust back on and call it a day on Saturday. Nothing was working out.

Can anyone confirm this for me and give a .netter a hand. I need help....

I bought this off another .net member and really want it on my car. He is willing to give me money back which is real cool of him. Thanks Alex for your understanding!

Any help is much appreciated thanks.
1. try cleaning off the grease and use some denatured achol. then apply a little tiny amount of silicone spray.(i also put grease on my hangers too, i was told that i "had" to. :pissed:)

2. either what you said about cutting the bumper or go to a local muffler shop and have them extend your hangers rods to what is needed.

3. reattach the factory bolts???

hope that helps...

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Anthony, I didn't know you still wanted to try to fit it :-?

Anyway, I think you're gonna have to cut your arms design bumper which I know you don't wanna do. But please give me a call at around 3 or PM me. I have around 6-7 potential buyers right now because I thought I was going to refund you. Just let me know. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts