Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01, is300, 60,000miles, aem intake, clean MAF. I lent my brother the car and he said it stalled several times while he was driving. I got it back last night and drove it and he was right it stalled two or three times today when I braked to a full stop. I opened up the hood and to my horror, the intake tube had slipped off the throttle body intake. I replaced it and hoped nothing bad has happened....It just stalled on my again and now Im worried. PLease help
p.s. I clean my MAF every 20,000 miles

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
01, is300, 60,000miles, aem intake, clean MAF. I lent my brother the car and he said it stalled several times while he was driving. I got it back last night and drove it and he was right it stalled two or three times today when I braked to a full stop. I opened up the hood and to my horror, the intake tube had slipped off the throttle body intake. I replaced it and hoped nothing bad has happened....It just stalled on my again and now Im worried. PLease help
p.s. I clean my MAF every 20,000 miles
Did the intake fall off the throttle body again? I had it happen once and noticed/corrected it before any stalls. Might want to reset the ECU since maybe it's confused with the change of airflow. Why do you clean your MAF every 20k? I've had my car for almost 60k and done it once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts