Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used (only 3k on it) Injen 1st Generation Intake and I had my Lexus mechanic install it for me but he doesn't do many aftermarket installations. We don't know what to do with those two red hoses that came with the unit. There are several "valves" that are left untouched with all the OEM hoses still connecting to it, but he didn't want to connect it to anything unless it was supposed to be there.

Does anybody have any pics I could show him, or atleast advice on where they should go?

Thank you.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
The front hose connection on the Injen connects to a round cylinder shapes device, there is another hose from the round device that connect to another hose stub back down near the header. those are the two hoses you replace with the red hoses. however that said you really don't have to replace them its just for looks anyway.

dela said:
I bought a used (only 3k on it) Injen 1st Generation Intake and I had my Lexus mechanic install it for me but he doesn't do many aftermarket installations. We don't know what to do with those two red hoses that came with the unit. There are several "valves" that are left untouched with all the OEM hoses still connecting to it, but he didn't want to connect it to anything unless it was supposed to be there.

Does anybody have any pics I could show him, or atleast advice on where they should go?

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
CarbonIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing