Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wondering how I can get them out I know I have 2 CD's in there and they wont come out and i continue to get the "ERROR 3" What can I do? Sorry Im new and I just know Ishouldnt go to Lexus for this and pay up the ass! Thanks Id appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Your answer....."Buy a new DECK."

Haven't heard anyone being able to retrieve their cds from the stock unit. G/L bro. The IS factory unit is notorious at eating cds.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll second that notion... I went through the whole process of "fixing" the cd player only to have it crap out again shortly after... You can get the cd's out but you'll damn near destroy the player in the process... lot of twisting little knobs

A good aftermarket deck and the little harness/amp turn on module and you're back in business. IMO the Scosche kit looks/fits the best.

·
Registered
329 Posts
when my cd player ate my cd's i unplugged the battery and reset the system and I got mine back. You can try that

·
Registered
387 Posts
i hate to go against a member whos been here longer than me but i have removed my cd player and the offending cds once without issue and the player works fine again. its a relatively simple process (follow that link from above) and unless you really wrench on it you arent going to break it. good luck man!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I just got a new headunit and tore the stocker apart to get the CDs out. The stock one wasn't very good anyway :p

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
When its trying to eject stick a credit card in there and poke the CD a couple times with it. It should spit right out....then dont use your CD changer any more, go buy a Pioneer AVIC D3

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I remember mine got stuck. Since I was upset knowing that I would have to buy a new unit, I smacked it open palm on the face and SHAZAAM! CD popped out and it worked like nothing was wrong! HAHAHA.... I guess I got lucky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This worked for me...

When its trying to eject stick a credit card in there and poke the CD a couple times with it. It should spit right out....then dont use your CD changer any more, go buy a Pioneer AVIC D3

The CD player in my 02 IS finally locked up and wouldn't eject or play CD's after 5 1/2 years. Displayed error 3. Tried the solutions others had suggested (pressing the radio and then eject, hitting it on the side and front with the palm of my hand. Neither worked. So I thought I'd try the credit card thing as a last resort before taking my dash apart.

And voilia! The changer started working again. Just pressed eject and wiggled a credit card around inside the load slot. Took a couple of attempts but after a few minutes the CD's started spitting out, and the changer works fine again. For how long, I don't know--but at least I know how to fix it now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts